Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-06-2022, 11:44 PM
Banned

I think the opener I thought of when the game came out was cheap shot, then immediately vanish into ambush then cold blood eviscerate

Cheap shot would give 3 combo points, ambush would fill out the next 2, then a cold blood (guaranteed crit talent) 5 point evis would do huge damage

The only 2 hits are the ambush and eviscerate, but ambush with dagger talents had like a ~70% crit rate and would crit for like 1k with the barman shanker, 5 point CB evis would be another like 1200ish damage if I recall

The game was just out so there was a lot of theorycrafting going on, and people on the rogue forums didn’t believe you would have enough energy to get the ambush off before cheap shot stun faded, so I made a vid to prove you could and didn’t need to use thistle tea

It was an effective way to 2shot gank anyone who was at or below 2300ish health, any time you had vanish cooldown up
Old 04-07-2022, 08:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slard271 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ is like edging. It's good, then it's great, then it's fucking amazing. Then you do it again the next day. Just sayin'.
Most succinct and accurate description of EQ I've ever read 11/10.
Old 04-07-2022, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Orc is better min/max race for the stun resistance. Scatter trap had DR with each other in 1.12 when I filmed that

What else? Oh yeah I was top 10 ranked in 3v3 and rank 1 in 5v5 TBC where our team had around a 90% winrate. For a short while we had the highest 5v5 rank out of US, EU, and Asia servers

Cry on
Literally everything you said in your triple cry post was wrong. Original classic viper sting was not treated as a DoT tick and didn't break freeze.

Your video shows you able to double scat trap more efficiently, you just didn't play smart enough to do it. You can literally see it the entire video, freeze trap hits for 9s with 15s cd and 6s on scat with no DR, giving a 5s window of dps once aimed shot lands out of trap.. You just weren't good enough.

Stun resist is irrelevant compared to maxing hit with racial + scope and not having to prio it at all on any gear - especially if you participate in the barest minimum of pve content.

TBC hunter is quite literally memed as the easiest of all things to play in the entirety of gaming history. It was one button, with zero movement required. There's videos of a person throwing marshmellows at their keyboard bound to a steady shot arcane shot macro and hitting Gladiator.

I gladiatored twice as Rogue, twice as Hunter, once as Warrior, and once as DK before WOTLK end. People who are talented don't make videos showing them utilizing the broken class to beat people in generic pvp scenarios, they stay focused on improving. I literally won two AGC's in WOTLK.

Best pet in TBC was never scorpid.. Shows how mid you were. Lightning blast from wind serpents ignored LOS and scaled with ranged AP. Could also KC from ranged outside of LOS if it was casting lightning blast when you used the ability in classic. It was not just known, it was wildly known and used by every gladiator hunter because killing through LOS is king.

Also, Hunters were/are quite literally the top dps class in TBC both original and re-launch.. utilizing one button. There's no "50 button pet micromanagement" setup. You're just stupid.

Honestly, you're a really weird dude.
Old 04-07-2022, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally everything you said in your triple cry post was wrong. Original classic viper sting was not treated as a DoT tick and didn't break freeze.

Your video shows you able to double scat trap more efficiently, you just didn't play smart enough to do it. You can literally see it the entire video, freeze trap hits for 9s with 15s cd and 6s on scat with no DR, giving a 5s window of dps once aimed shot lands out of trap.. You just weren't good enough.

Stun resist is irrelevant compared to maxing hit with racial + scope and not having to prio it at all on any gear - especially if you participate in the barest minimum of pve content.

TBC hunter is quite literally memed as the easiest of all things to play in the entirety of gaming history. It was one button, with zero movement required. There's videos of a person throwing marshmellows at their keyboard bound to a steady shot arcane shot macro and hitting Gladiator.

I gladiatored twice as Rogue, twice as Hunter, once as Warrior, and once as DK before WOTLK end. People who are talented don't make videos showing them utilizing the broken class to beat people in generic pvp scenarios, they stay focused on improving. I literally won two AGC's in WOTLK.

Best pet in TBC was never scorpid.. Shows how mid you were. Lightning blast from wind serpents ignored LOS and scaled with ranged AP. Could also KC from ranged outside of LOS if it was casting lightning blast when you used the ability in classic. It was not just known, it was wildly known and used by every gladiator hunter because killing through LOS is king.

Also, Hunters were/are quite literally the top dps class in TBC both original and re-launch.. utilizing one button. There's no "50 button pet micromanagement" setup. You're just stupid.

Lol viper has always broke freezing trap. You never in the history of WoW been able to freeze trap a target and drain them oom with viper without them being able to move. It’s a lie. If you want to pay me $15 I can fire up my WoW account and log in my classic char and prove it

Nm, here you go “Serpent Sting and Viper Sting will break the trap early but Scorpid Sting will not. While still a good practice, it is no longer necessary to call off your pet for a Freezing Trap or any CC which can be broken by damage”

https://vanilla-wow-archive.fandom.c...g_Trap#General

Scattershot is a 4a disorient not a 6s

What else are you wrong about. Scorpid was the pet in TBC for competitive arenas. I would know, like I said I’m a 2 time gladiator and top 10 ranked in 3v3 and rank 1 in 5c5 What’s your credentials again? Care to actually prove any?

Hunters were one of the lowest represented dps classes in top ranked arenas. The number one was rogue, then mage, then lock, then war, THEN hunter. The top represented 3v3 team at above 2200 rating was RMP, then RLD, then WLD. Weird, considering you think hunters are both OP and easy to play, odd that they had such low representation

I used 55 hotkeys TOTAL, not all for pet

You don’t know shit about WoW pvp. You’ve always sucked at it at and were a no name scrub in arenas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 93E815DD-BD3A-4873-88D6-1E0FC444C792.jpg (22.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-07-2022, 12:46 PM
Banned

My bad, missed the part where you said you got glad. Still wrong about everything else
Old 04-07-2022, 01:02 PM
Banned

Let’s see proof of those titles
Old 04-07-2022, 01:19 PM
Banned

Also let’s see the video of that guy throwing marshmallows at his keyboard hitting gladiator somehow. That sounds hilarious, I’d love to see it but can’t find it on YouTube

Hunters require no movement? Lol

This sounds like some weak ass troll attempt. All of it sounds like bullshit
Old 04-07-2022, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Guy knows what hes talking about from a pvp perspective.

Not top dps in pve though. Hope this helps.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:35 PM
Banned

“PvP. The best Pet for Arena will be a Scorpion. These beasts can train an ability called “Scorpid Poison” that will apply a debuff on the enemy, that stacks up to 5 times. If this is applied after a hunter applies Viper Sting, the enemy team will be unable to dispel the Viper Sting from themselves or their team”

https://www.gfinityesports.com/world...aj5e547840c895

I know only the “really good” hunters like you that throw marshmallows at their keyboard don’t use scorpids tho amirite
Old 04-07-2022, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guy knows what hes talking about from a pvp perspective.

Not top dps in pve though. Hope this helps.
He’s wrong on every point he tried to make. Wrong about viper not breaking freezing, wrong on SS duration, wrong on freezing/ss dr, wrong on arena pet. Wrong on hunter arena representation. Wrong on their being a video of a hunter throwing marshmallows at a keyboard to get gladiator

Still interested to see proof of his titles