Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 07-05-2022, 11:04 AM
Kobold

Default Enchanter Gearing

Help! My Enchanter is squishy!

So, I have been leveling up my enchanter. It is now even with my Necro. But my Necro is kicking her behind on every important stat except Charisma. I would like to make her better. I could borrow my Necro's HP jewelry and get her about 200 more HP and stay at 200 CHA (with a few +CHA updates) with no Mana loss, or mix with in int gear for less HP gain and more Mana. Mana or HP? I have been using Rune II constantly recently, so she is not sent to her doom on charm breaks like she was before when I was being cheap and not using Rune.

What would you do?
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Last edited by Garnaak; 07-05-2022 at 11:12 AM..
Old 07-05-2022, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

After you have hit 200 cha, you should focus on getting as much hp and resist gear as possible, at your level magic resist could be particularly valuable in the chance you might want to utilize aoe mez in close quarters on occasion. after you level up high enough to become immune to your own mez, resistence is still nice to have but hp starts to pull away even farther as the number one stat to focus on by quite a margin. its also not bad idea to keep an inventory of the best resist gear items you have. sometimes at high levels when soloing just a single root landing on you can mean death.

Also if you are having some issues with charm breaks and want a bigger buffer of hp, you can use the beserker line for another 55ish i think hp at your levels. its not nearly good as the level 49 upgrade to it, but it can possibly save your life at the cost of having to keep it up on your spell bar though.
Old 07-05-2022, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

200 cha > HP > AC > int/mana

Probably want to pick up a rod of insidious glamour asap, that can act as your spell refresh click and has cha.

Then just eventually save for the "big cha" pieces like neriad shawl and tranix crown. That will allow you to replace your crappy int / low cha pieces with higher HP options.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Sickly_Glowing_Orb
+6 neck
Hiero cloak

Just use the wiki. For each slot, just sort by HP and you'll find plenty of options.

Theoretically, you could XP in droga and collect salts / skins for chardok faction to get the ring at 51. I've never done droga at-level so mileage may vary.
Old 07-05-2022, 07:37 PM
Kobold

Yes, I plan on a few quests real soon.

Glamour Rod
Sol Ro Mask
Mystic Cloak

I also plan on killing Rathe Mtn Pali for Siryn Hair Hood.

So, mid term gear would look something like the following.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Heriss-Test
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 07-06-2022, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

At some point I swapped my mystic cloak for a hooded black cloak; looks like you might be able to xp at the hbc camp. (Edit: to get to the camp it's easiest to levitate by the castle entrance, run up a tree to get altitude, and levitate over the wall.)

I swapped my loam boots for spider fur-lined boots which you might be able to find cheap.

I also wonder about an ench in droga. The Earring of Essence camp is level 33-37 mobs (all dark blue through 45), but there are quite a few mobs in the room and lots of casters. Camping that might be an alternative to buying the (edit: black sapphire) ear, or just a fun adventure in the low-mid 40s.

Edit: The glamour rod is great. The first time you click it instead of the scope for spell cooldown you will immediately be glad you didn't wait any longer.
Last edited by Vivitron; 07-06-2022 at 02:08 PM..
Old 07-06-2022, 03:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: The glamour rod is great. The first time you click it instead of the scope for spell cooldown you will immediately be glad you didn't wait any longer.
"My eyes! My eyes!"

I hate the scope, I would rather take the hits than have to go click the scope.

I wonder if the insta-click mage reclaim energy From Sol Ro temple works as well? Or will it only work if animation is up?

I have a HBC and spider fur boots on my Necro. I originally purchased spider fur for Ench, but loam had more CHA.

I am not against stripping gear from necro. If she gets better she can return them.
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 07-06-2022, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnaak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"My eyes! My eyes!"

I hate the scope, I would rather take the hits than have to go click the scope.

I wonder if the insta-click mage reclaim energy From Sol Ro temple works as well? Or will it only work if animation is up?

I have a HBC and spider fur boots on my Necro. I originally purchased spider fur for Ench, but loam had more CHA.

I am not against stripping gear from necro. If she gets better she can return them.
Just tried my torch of alna, it doesn't work for it. Glamour rod is great for it though.

The boot choice may depend on what your cha is with either pair. Once I hit the cha cap +45hp for -3cha on a cheap swap worked well for me.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:53 PM
Kobold

Default An update on HP quest.

Thank you all for the advice.

I did the Sol Ro Quests for the bits that are good from there.

Killed the Pali in Rathe Mts a couple of times. First time was easy but he just dropped a vendor fodder hammer. Second time was quite a battle. He laid hands at close to zero. I actually thought I was done for. But good RNG on his hitting my animation and chain nuking pulled out a win. Dropped the good hood. Very boring camp, but not difficult. Also snagged a Thin Banded Belt type item with stamina for a WAR alt while I was there.

Vampire in Mistmoore was a mixed bag. First kill went perfect. Root even broke on him, but he pathed straight to the rooftop without agroing any other mobs. I rooted him and finished him easy-mode. But, only regen potion. I thought to myself, "This is going to be a cakewalk." Second and third attempts proved me wrong. Root breaks lead to pathing through the courtyard and agroing everything in the path. Gate out to my bind just outside zone. Rebuff and back in. I finally dropped him on a clean kill, no agro. Just as he dropped, root broke from third mob who proceeded to path into courtyard creating massive agro. I dropped into fountain area and looted an HBC. Just after looting the train returned and did me in. Spawned out in LFD. Forgot I had an air elemental illusion. Ran to GFD and collected a bat wing, levd onto roof, summoned body to roof, looted, had my HBC. One death for the cloak was a fair trade imho. And I now also have a few regen potions for SHTF times while solo-ing.

A couple tunnel purchases of HP jewelry and some Spider-Fur boots and I am now much less squishy. Still some improvements are possible but looking much better than at the start.
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Last edited by Garnaak; 07-14-2022 at 04:01 PM..
Old 07-15-2022, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

The rod works from inventory too, don't have to equip.