Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 10-05-2022, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros have 2 mem blurs,screaming terror and fd.
Rest the dead your pet and flop, when you get up it will be reset and not agro.
Or do the same with screaming terror,you'll know it blurred when it turns 90degrees
Oh, I didn't know that worked like that. It works (Rest the Dead) while the mob is still charmed?
Old 10-05-2022, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Yes you can pacify your pet while charmed
Old 10-05-2022, 04:53 PM
Banned

yup its so much fun mowing down mobs
forgot about haste weapons + hasting your pet but then you're really playing with fire
Old 10-05-2022, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i like grouping too - i'll see if this package makes a difference
what i really enjoy is using a pet to beat up 2 mobs then calm release it for super fast regen, rinse repeat

comfy grind when it goes well
pet kits are really more of a duo thing, ideally when the pet isn't tanking or you have a cleric around.

best thing solo is the conga line. Just send your pet against like 6 mobs, root them all, then deflux em down 1 by 1 recharming as necessary. Use Paralyzing earth in slot 1 so you can gcd reset chain cast it for fast roots.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:52 PM
Banned

so satisfying to see 4-5 HTs go off when you send in a pet to conga line
just learned about that slot 1 cast trick today - gonna try it out!!!
Old 10-05-2022, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yup its so much fun mowing down mobs
forgot about haste weapons + hasting your pet but then you're really playing with fire
I don’t want to sound too class envious, but I feel necro is in a much safer position for charm breaks than enc because of snare and FD

If charm breaks, don’t necro’s have a ridiculously good snare by 50+? So the pet is inchy-squinchy crawling to them after a charm break? And let’s say the necro was alt tabbed fap fap fap’ing with their d*** in their hand, and they tab back and oh no the charm pet has slowly crawled over to me!….FD

I only haste (never really carry torches or offhand weapons but that’s only bc I keep forgetting) when I know I can space the pet far enough there’s no way he can close the distance to me before I can mez, and that’s un-snared keep in mind

The real reason haste isn’t effective for soloing though is because 1.) Even a pet that’s had its ride Pimped still can only kill about 3 equal-ish level mobs before it’s too beat up, maybe even less if you aren’t slowing the mobs it’s killing, and 2.) reverse charming seems to be faster exp/hour

Like someone else mentioned Uber pets seem to for grouping
Old 10-05-2022, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t want to sound too class envious, but I feel necro is in a much safer position for charm breaks than enc because of snare and FD

If charm breaks, don’t necro’s have a ridiculously good snare by 50+? So the pet is inchy-squinchy crawling to them after a charm break? And let’s say the necro was alt tabbed fap fap fap’ing with their d*** in their hand, and they tab back and oh no the charm pet has slowly crawled over to me!….FD

I only haste (never really carry torches or offhand weapons but that’s only bc I keep forgetting) when I know I can space the pet far enough there’s no way he can close the distance to me before I can mez, and that’s un-snared keep in mind

The real reason haste isn’t effective for soloing though is because 1.) Even a pet that’s had its ride Pimped still can only kill about 3 equal-ish level mobs before it’s too beat up, maybe even less if you aren’t slowing the mobs it’s killing, and 2.) reverse charming seems to be faster exp/hour

I wouldn’t waste mana on snaring pet when charm soloing. Mez/Manaskin is good for breaks and fd/hs for emergencies. If you have epic then maybe I’d consider it along with some snare pulls but ultimately not really needed.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:23 PM
Kobold

How much it helps probably depends on the mobs initial MR.

I have not done anything other than torch and gnoll hide lariat my pets so far. I do have better proc'ing weapons and ada rings, but scared to lose them. I am keeping those in reserve to use when I am higher level and in a killer group where I know I will keep my pets a long time.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 10-05-2022, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

The trick to pet gear is to just accept it's loss before you lose it. It's mostly cheap and readily available.
Also buy a swarmcaller best pet weapon for high level stuff. Pet with slow proc is rediculously nice,especially for necros
Old 10-05-2022, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

hey dumb dumb, remember we can calm + release pets to regen their hp super fast and re-charm them to resume killing - it's also you know like, FUN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]