Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Aviak

Forrester and Virt , Neither of you have given any evidence... Not even one link of some 12 year old kid saying it back in the day....

I used the no faction for pets a lot, I liked it. I didn't want it ever changed.
But give evidence....... and a few sources would be nice. If what you say is true. It would be easy to find many links saying pets give no faction dated 2000.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Kobold

Seems to be more a bug fix than any big conspiracy on part of the Devs.

Does it make sense that you can kill a mob without getting a faction hit?

No.

What's the problem then?
Old 09-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Sarnak

I dont see any evidence saying it WAS in pre-kunark huey....and when I have to stop using my hands and feet and start using tallymarks to count people having distinct memories of not having faction hits via pet, it kinda seems like a mistake, atleast until kunark. i dont care one way or another, im a fucking paladin...but i know what i know :/
Last edited by Virtuosos; 09-19-2010 at 12:14 AM..
Old 09-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueylewis187 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forrester and Virt , Neither of you have given any evidence... Not even one link of some 12 year old kid saying it back in the day....

I used the no faction for pets a lot, I liked it. I didn't want it ever changed.
But give evidence....... and a few sources would be nice. If what you say is true. It would be easy to find many links saying pets give no faction dated 2000.
It's really not a huge deal. However, if you think about my point, it makes sense. Pets get aggro all the time from lower level mobs that would not aggro the player. Why should mages get a faction hit when they had no intention of attacking the mob?

I am not saying don't give a faction hit for pet attacks. In fact, faction hits for pets makes total sense to me. However, pets should then be made neutral so that we don't get faction hits when a mob decides to agro our pet while running through a zone when that mob would not agro us because of level. At level 39, my max pet is 6 levels below me, so pet aggro happens a lot.

The faction change is one of the main reasons they made pets neutral in the first place. You can't make a change to the game and say "well, its classic" without making a corresponding change that was made at the same time during the "classic" era.
Closed Thread