Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-09-2023, 05:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New Set

I put together a new set based on a lot of the recommendations here. Some of the items are a long shot, but technically they don’t require raiding AFAIK.
For head slot...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Circlet_of_the_Falinkan

That or narandi crown, though crown would be a long shot, requiring raid attendance/farming a sizeable chunk of platinum. Really all-around great upgrade. A shame rangers didn't get it until post-Velious.
Old 03-09-2023, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

I would add a +6 neck to the list. It would be a fun upgrade for your whole trio to farm.
Old 03-09-2023, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

gnome enchanter

ouch
Last edited by Toxigen; 03-09-2023 at 11:05 AM..
Old 03-09-2023, 08:31 PM
Fire Giant

Is there a better enc option tox?
Old 03-10-2023, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a better enc option tox?
I mean considering gnome illusion exists, yes.
Old 03-10-2023, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The community at large are idiots. Most people suck at EQ.
This probably should just get stickied at the top of every class discussion thread lol
Old 03-10-2023, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
can we get loremaster dropping swc again like all evidence pointed to
We got a couple of these off 99 before ppl complained and they nerfed it.

Also for what it's worth MR vs fear seems to work fine so it's always been confusing why they couldn't tune the other resists as well
Old 03-10-2023, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I put together a new set based on a lot of the recommendations here. Some of the items are a long shot, but technically they donĀ’t require raiding AFAIK.
Looking like you found some good imrovements over your initial test builds. Keep in mind value-oriented items like 6/65 rings that can last you a long time until you get the items in those slots that you really want. Heck, my guy still wears those 6/65's, because I've never got up the motivation to bother replacing them.

Stonemelder's is a very interesting item. I don't wear one myself because I can't stand the thought of the -35 DEX, but presently you don't have a proc weapon so that's irrelevant. It seems like an attractive prospect.

In terms of cost, that stuff might be cheaper than you anticipate. With your trio, Norrath is practically yours for the taking. You'll be able to obtain the blood runed armor, dragonwing mantle, silver chitin wrists, crystal chitin arms, seahorse cloak, 6 neck (if you want one), dragonscale boots, velks sword, idol of the thorned, all for free if you want. My wife and I have duo'd all of those, and you aren't a duo! Collar of the Storm is very obtainable if you choose to go Kael faction. In theory your enchanter could even do the haste belt; in practice that's one big ticket item and otherwise a lot of stuff you can camp with your group (or even solo in some cases, like the idol) and obtain at no cost. You also have access to some other items not listed that might be worth looking in to, like Thurgadin armor--your trio very much can do some of the giants that drop armor, if you aren't inclined to MQ.

I don't like Faceguard of Bentos the Hero. It has a hard time justifying its immense cost. A Crystal Spider Eyes has only a couple AC and maybe ~15 HP less, adds mana, and costs not even 1/10 as much, or is readily camped by your trio from the low 50's on. Nor would I recommend fussing with eyepatch of Plunder in your case since the haste click is largely moot for you, given who you're hanging out with.

Cheap is good because I assume the other people in your trio still have their own needs, too. Shamans, in particular, are rightly known for being rather plat-hungry.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 03-10-2023 at 04:47 PM..