Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-02-2021, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

I think what would be helpful here is to try to quantify to what extent chaining pets is actually not working as it "should" be on P99.

* Is 100% of the aggro from the pet currently transferred to the mage when the pet is dismissed?
* How long does it take a second pet to taunt it off the mage, after dismissal of the first pet, if he has done no dmg to the mob?

This all feels a bit fuzzy right now and it's hard to know what to look for specifically if we don't have a firm grip on what's wrong (if anything).

I don't have a mage on p99 so I cannot test this myself.
Last edited by Dolalin; 09-02-2021 at 04:47 PM..
Old 09-02-2021, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

I mean it was working the way it was supposed to a couple years ago when I last played. Came back and it's been changed again.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
* Is 100% of the aggro from the pet currently transferred to the mage when the pet is dismissed?
* How long does it take a second pet to taunt it off the mage, after dismissal of the first pet, if he has done no dmg to the mob?
this is fairly anecdotal because my mage is only 29 but I tried several times on a few mobs outside (so i could run away like Sir Robin, bravely), the few attempts i made went like:

air pet
taunt off
no spells cast
casted 2nd pet BEFORE the first one died and used /pet getlost when the cast was about to complete. (mob was around 60-70%hp remaining at this point)
2nd pet immediately regains aggro.

Perhaps i'm doing it wrong?? Do I need to reclaim or let it die first for the threat transfer?
Last edited by Tann; 09-02-2021 at 10:11 PM..
Old 09-02-2021, 11:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is fairly anecdotal because my mage is only 29 but I tried several times on a few mobs outside (so i could run away like Sir Robin, bravely), the few attempts i made went like:

air pet
taunt off
no spells cast
casted 2nd pet BEFORE the first one died and used /pet getlost when the cast was about to complete. (mob was around 60-70%hp remaining at this point)
2nd pet immediately regains aggro.

Perhaps i'm doing it wrong?? Do I need to reclaim or let it die first for the threat transfer?
I will have to test it myself, but It might be that the Air Pet's Stun Proc produces enough Hate to pull it off of you. I do recall the water pet struggle to pull the mob off. Also each subsequent cast seemed to build more and more hate making increasingly more difficult for each new pet to pull aggro.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:36 AM
Kobold

Yea I just tested it again on my 45 Mage in OOT. I tried to chain summon the Fire Pet on a Cyclops and each new pet took longer and longer to pull aggro from me. The 5th and final pet that killed the cyclops I was able to Aggro kite around the whole island before the pet finally got aggro. I can do it again and record Video if Necessary.
Last edited by long.liam; 09-03-2021 at 12:44 AM..
Old 09-03-2021, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I just tested it again on my 45 Mage in OOT. I tried to chain summon the Fire Pet on a Cyclops and each new pet took longer and longer to pull aggro from me. The 5th and final pet that killed the cyclops I was able to Aggro kite around the whole island before the pet finally got aggro. I can do it again and record Video if Necessary.
did you let pet die or use reclaim? or did you /getlost before new one was cast? Not doubting at all just wasn't sure why my air pet was gaining aggro immediately, in theory if the first pet was using its stun DD then after it was gone all of that threat should go to me and the new pet shouldn't gain it so fast.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did you let pet die or use reclaim? or did you /getlost before new one was cast? Not doubting at all just wasn't sure why my air pet was gaining aggro immediately, in theory if the first pet was using its stun DD then after it was gone all of that threat should go to me and the new pet shouldn't gain it so fast.
I started summoning a new pet once the old pet was down to about 20% HP left. I used pet get lost right before the Summon pet spell finished casting. After each new pet summon it would take longer and longer for the pet to get the Seafury Cyclops off of me. I don't know the exact number of damage the pet did each time before it pulled aggro, but I plan on testing it myself again on a different mob to get the damage numbers. I don't think it matter whether the Mage cast Reclaim Energy, Pet Get lost or if the pet dies, but I will test that as well just to confirm. I will post a video on Youtube and a link to my Log files once I finished it.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:11 AM
Kobold

I don't know. Maybe there's no hope of getting this fixed. According to this forum post: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ght=mage+aggro, issues like this have been going on since P99 first released.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:43 PM
Sarnak

So when your pet dies or dismiss it, any agro that pet generated transfers to the caster. That agro should go away the second the pet does. The agro was going away when the pet did for the 1st 3-4 months of Teal, just change it back. EASY to fix.
Old 10-13-2021, 07:21 PM
Large Rat

Bump for attention. Really want to play a Mage, but this seems to be a nail in the coffin for the class.