Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-25-2023, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need to main a class to understand it well. That isn't a good argument. Besides, my SK was my original main for years. He was the first character I got above 50 on P99, and he farmed the money for my Shaman. I just ended up liking Shaman more, which is why I got him to 60 first.
Consider finishing Your sk. Hope that helps
Old 02-26-2023, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Gonna piggy back on this thread...

Wiki says SK piercing skill cap is 15 lower than the rest of their combat skills. How does that effect using Shard of Night vs Ebon Mace? Does the skill cap difference negate the 2 extra damage on the Shard?

Similarly, does the skill cap difference make Narandi's Lance not very appealing for a SK?
Old 02-26-2023, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wiki says SK piercing skill cap is 15 lower than the rest of their combat skills. How does that effect using Shard of Night vs Ebon Mace? Does the skill cap difference negate the 2 extra damage on the Shard?

Similarly, does the skill cap difference make Narandi's Lance not very appealing for a SK?
It's like 40'something attack at 60 over another weapon skill. Probably something more to worry about picking with raid gear than narandi vs other. It's certainly not bad, the dot adds like 6dps.
Old 02-26-2023, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wouldn’t discount the Lance simply due to the lower piercing cap. I would still get it if you’re planning to solo in kc/hs/CoM 55-60. Otherwise just stick with a reaver.
Old 02-28-2023, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Seems to level in step with 2hs and 1hb so wouldn't be an issue till it capped and at that point is suspect it's balanced out by narandi just being better then the buyable options that aren't pierce
Old 02-28-2023, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems to level in step with 2hs and 1hb so wouldn't be an issue till it capped and at that point is suspect it's balanced out by narandi just being better then the buyable options that aren't pierce
The skill up for piercing does slow down 50+. You only get 1 point per level. That being said, I agree about Narandi Lance. It's one of the better weapons you can buy. It's a good alternative to Reaver if you need a magic weapon. The proc will also make up for some of the DPS loss.
Old 02-28-2023, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Cool sounds like Reaver when possible, else use Narandi is about as good as it gets.

Curious of the Shard of Night is still worth using over Ebon Mace. Guess i'll have to do some parses if I ever make it that high. =P
Old 02-28-2023, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Cool sounds like Reaver when possible, else use Narandi is about as good as it gets.

Curious of the Shard of Night is still worth using over Ebon Mace. Guess i'll have to do some parses if I ever make it that high. =P
Shard will out dps ebon mace. If you don’t have slam and plan to do a lot of tight quarters fear kiting id probably get the shard until you get epic.
Old 02-28-2023, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Can confirm shard is better then mace while leveling to 50