Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 03:43 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have never played EQ before, go Play on the Daybreak Server Mangler. It has 2-3 more months of classic before Kunark will release. It also Features several non-classic things that make playing more forgiving and fun.

Pure classic is fun if you're enjyoing the nostalgic character. Pure classic is not fun if you're new to the game. It's unforgiving, complex, a ridiculous time-sink and inconvenient.
I am gonna try being hardcore though and play it anyway like how the people who started from the beginning did.

If I wanna have an easier experience, I rather play Everquest 2....or World of Warcraft.
Last edited by Argronok0; 04-02-2019 at 03:46 PM..
Old 04-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argronok0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically how do I get these quests to appear in my Quest Journal?
Is clever troll being clever? Hmmm... Lots of click bait in your responses.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argronok0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok I see the bracket text in the NPC's dialoge. But how do I respond to it? Do I type in the exact same bracket words in the chat to continue because I did and nothing happens?

Quest journal? Everquest had no such thing in 1999-2001. Your quest journal is your own Mark I memory. If the client has one (the client used by P1999 dates from circa 2005-2006), it's probably not functional. The client has a number of relic windows and interfaces which do not function on Project1999 (alt. advance, etc).

In general you get the NPC to respond by typing out in /say a phrase including the exact same words as appear in the brackets. For example if the NPC asks you to [battle the undead] you can reply by /say 'I will battle the undead' and the dialogue should proceed. The NPC must be targeted when you do this. It's a role-playing game and you're supposed to be talking to the other person. The system's clunky and technically outdated to be sure, but there's a logic to it.

In some cases, you might have to know the trigger phrase in advance. In most cases, you can hand-in quest items to the appropriate NPC without going through the quest dialogue at all (you'll be glad for this if you have those 100 gnoll fangs to turn in). Obviously the dialogue becomes mandatory if you need to receive items FROM a quest NPC, and going through the dialogue also lets you confirm that your faction is adequate to do the quest at all. If your faction is inadequate the NPC will usually respond with some variation of, "Get lost."

Some quests can be quite tricky to figure out on your own. The gnoll fang quest I mentioned earlier is one such: The NPC you hand the fangs in for your bounty has no [bracketed] text, and instead you're supposed to learn about the quest by wandering around the city and hearing it from other NPCs during the course of various tasks they offer. Again, in practice this leads to most players using the P99 wiki.

The commercial "Mangler" server some folks have mentioned might be enjoyable, but it's not truly classic Everquest. It has a lot of changes. If you're enjoying your time so far on P1999, stick with it and see where it leads you.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 04-02-2019 at 03:56 PM..
Old 04-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ok I see the bracket text in the NPC's dialoge. But how do I respond to it? Do I type in the exact same bracket words in the chat to continue because I did and nothing happens?

You have to put in some kind of written form somewhat grammatical relevant to the question. You can't just say the keyword. If some guy tells you he lost his [puppy]. You would respond with lines like "what puppy? or "where did you lose your puppy?
Old 04-02-2019, 04:11 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to put in some kind of written form somewhat grammatical relevant to the question. You can't just say the keyword. If some guy tells you he lost his [puppy]. You would respond with lines like "what puppy? or "where did you lose your puppy?
The thing is I never played a game that actually makes me respond in that why with my own words.

I never played a game where typing a question like that ever happens, so I didn't know this game factors me responding as if I am talking to a real person.

The closest game I played that has something like that was the Ultima games, but that boils down to writing Name, Job, and Bye.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:13 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is clever troll being clever? Hmmm... Lots of click bait in your responses.
I know my questions sounds like clickbait trolly responses, but its true. I am that completely new to this game. I don't know how a lot of its mechanics work.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
I wanna play Everquest 1 without the Kurnark and Velinous expansions. Is that Possible?
Don't get on the Kunark or Velious boats and don't buy any items from those expansions. Boom done
Old 04-02-2019, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Kurnark and Velinous
Aha youre talkin about Finland right?
Old 04-03-2019, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I know my questions sounds like clickbait trolly responses, but its true. I am that completely new to this game. I don't know how a lot of its mechanics work.
You can find the quest journal on the sidebar of the in game map obviously.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:44 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can find the quest journal on the sidebar of the in game map obviously.

But there is no in-game map. The Server itself tells its disabled for Project 1999.

But I did find the quest journal, but when I did accepted a quest (A guy from the Steel Warriors making me get 5 bat wings and 5 snake scales) the quest does not show up on the journal?
Closed Thread