Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can type so fast thanks to everquest.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:16 AM
Planar Protector

Voice chat is annoying enough, but pales in comparison to the damage done by online video streaming.

Danth
Old 07-01-2019, 08:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course after so many years of training, let's also limit what you can type at 5 words per minute.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
My school was poor, so our "Computer Class" was just a typing class. We'd listen to a record that had a metronome sound and the goal was to press keys in time to the clicks.

Came back from summer vacation and the teacher was so impressed that I "spent all summer practicing my typing"... Yeah, that's what I was doing. Had nothing to do with a new mmorpg.

-Mcoy
Old 07-01-2019, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Old 07-01-2019, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

You know, I only type with like 2-4 fingers, but I have the fastest two fingers in the west. When bitches complain to me who see me type they get confused at how quickly I do it anyway, and I dont even bother explaining to them how important it is to tell someone on rallos zek to eat a dick in chat while purples and backspace is disabled so you gotta get it right the first time.

Nowadays we got smart phones so everyone types like me but still that guy who purpled me is an asshole anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2019, 04:25 PM
Aviak

Hey, I have another great idea. Cable internet, for the most part, is not classic as most people in '99 were still on dial-up. Let's ban all broadband connections and make everyone go back to playing on 56k!!

(the above was sarcasm in case someone thinks I'm serious)
Old 07-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I actually minimize and/or avoid voice chat if possible. Activate maximum nostalgia mode.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Wow never heard that one before ^
Old 07-01-2019, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkverdin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually minimize and/or avoid voice chat if possible. Activate maximum nostalgia mode.
I do this too...

I love playing everquest, but as soon as I become part of some like, 'social group' I get as much anxiety playing this game as I had with my irl social groups I was avoiding in the first place, so then I am afraid to log in! So to avoid logging in, I go outside and interact with my irl friends again! Then one of them asks me to go to a party, and suddenly I'm in a group chat, making plans ugh.. now I have to reverse the order, get back online so I can avoid all those social responsibilities!

...Its an endless circle. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread