Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For sure -- this is great advice! I was thinking of starting in Qeynos for max nostalgia, on green it'll be really fun to see the west coast of Antonica full of people. Probably a monk, because to hell with min-maxing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a pit in my stomach about qhills

I have a feeling there will be 50-100 petitions per day in that zone for 1 month straight lol
Old 07-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a pit in my stomach about qhills

I have a feeling there will be 50-100 petitions per day in that zone for 1 month straight lol
i think that, in part, are why as few people want a red/green99, so u can handle it like men. When Red launched the rusty halberd battles in blackburrow was the most fun I've had in any MMO ever, including any other version of EQ. But just talking about server first magic weapons and shit gets me all stoked.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think that, in part, are why as few people want a red/green99, so u can handle it like men.
Nah I'm buying 8 bags and then nobody gets to do that quest until I am done lol #qhills [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-08-2019, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're 30-60 pp?
that's why you farm rabid animals... Doesn't take many.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Orc

I recall acronyms such as PGT, SBH, BIBS being early magic weapons in ‘99.

Screaming Mace
Old 07-09-2019, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

Stuff you can obtain by level 12 or so? Combine weapons (or Mage summoned items if need be) are the go-to item for many players who don't have better options. Depending on how well a person saves his newbie money the cheaper examples should be affordable by about level 11-12. These are sold at several of the gypsy camps throughout the world and will be used by many teens-level characters. When P1999 first opened my Paladin used a Combine weapon until 23/24th or so, someplace around there.

Out of the Qeynos/ish area, Barbarian Shamans can get a magic summoned hammer via the Tribual symbol quest at very low level (3-5th). Rangers and Druids can obtain the Jaggedpine Crook. Paladins and Clerics can do the Shining Star of Light by 10th or so. Monks can go to the aqueducts and kill the frogloks for mesh gloves. Thunder Staff out of Qeynos and Peacekeeper Staff out of Erudin are alternatives for Paladin/Cleric. Clerics of course also have the summoned Hammer of Wrath at low level for the mere cost of the spell.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 07-09-2019 at 03:12 AM..
Old 07-09-2019, 03:52 AM
Fire Giant

First magical weapon I had on live was a dragoon dirk iirc.

I remember Crookstinger as well.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:54 AM
Kobold

I remember being able to afford a combine longsword (actually believe it was a combine scimitar or something) on live by the time I was level 13 or 14.... I had dual wield though, and my off hand item was not magical, so every few hits they were still INVULNERABLE!
Old 07-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

If you start in qeynos that quest might be interesting :

https://wiki.project1999.com/Gnoll_Fur

It's barely better than a Giant Snake Fang (that will be THE noob weapon I believe) but it's magic.

And around level 15 I am guessing you should be able to get this as a group :

https://wiki.project1999.com/Polished_Granite_Tomahawk

It will be popular on green for tanks.

As far as monks their fist will be pretty good, all you need is some magic gloves/boots.
Last edited by Sacer; 07-09-2019 at 10:24 AM..
Old 07-09-2019, 11:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Archie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recall acronyms such as PGT, SBH, BIBS being early magic weapons in ‘99.

Screaming Mace

I think he's talking about Polished Granite Tomahawk, Shiny Brass Halbred and Blackened Iron Bastard Sword.... Maybe Im just a newb tho. GL on green Garfo.
Closed Thread