Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 04:03 PM
Aviak

Is the book up?
Old 08-06-2019, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

While I don't like what OP did, it's true that no one have a clue how it works GM included.

It's suposed to be an outdoor zone so it should be FFA?

There is also that rule that a camp is only 1 room where you need line of sight on all the mobs, that third giant is cleary not in line of sight and should be considered a second camp?

I have also this issue when doing frenzy in velk, I also do CE on the way and people lawyer me out of the camp all the time saying frenzy + CE is 2 different camp, but I keep them down and from frenzy I clearly have line of sight on CE they're so close.

Another example not long ago I log in at BM in velk, everything is up two named up I start to clear, and like 10min later there is a dude telling me I am stealing his camp, I didn't do a camp check and he died and was recovering at entrance, I am clearly in the wrong he said. I gave him his camp back because I don't like drama but really people are so entitled. Tecnically that camp was mine already and that guy just stole one of the named while I was killing the other.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:33 PM
Kobold

Waiting on the day Nilbog pulls the plug and claims all the camps for himself.... lord of the loot
Old 08-06-2019, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are all three ice giants a single camp making me the asshole here? Or is the single spawn a separate camp and Fragmented is in the wrong?
"Actually this is an outdoor zone. So, FTE rules normally apply. However, you are allowed to claim a single spawn point as a camp in outdoor zones." - Andakos

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Time to flush out the ice giant camp
Old 08-06-2019, 05:01 PM
Banned

guys lay off OP he might just be very stupid so it's problematic to pick on him
Old 08-06-2019, 05:11 PM
Kobold

If there were 6 elfs there would you have to take turns?
Old 08-06-2019, 05:51 PM
Kobold

Eh, like I said, though the mob was dead, the camp was empty when I arrived. I have no way of knowing who killed the mob unless they show up to say it was them that killed it. Should he have shown up at any point to claim that as his camp, as I have said, I would have no problem conceding the camp. But he didn’t. He showed up with a REEEE stating that all three mobs were his and I “stole” the mob that popped and died prior to him ever even making it back to the camp to “maintain” it anyway.

Now I’m a relatively new player, but to me him saying that he is “totally” sure that all three giants are one camp and to ks the next two mobs at the camp feels a lot like everyone here is siding with a bully. And clearly he is an older player and knows the rules surrounding what constitutes a camp and deliberately misled me in an effort to chase me off. If that is the sort of behavior you feel comfortable interacting with and encouraging, then great, enjoy it, there is plenty to go around here as it seems to be totally unchecked.

Lesson learned on my part, though. Next time I will /ooc that I am taking a camp so that we can see the childish tantrum prior to me killing the mob at a vacant camp rather than afterwards.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Actually this is an outdoor zone. So, FTE rules normally apply. However, you are allowed to claim a single spawn point as a camp in outdoor zones." - Andakos

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Time to flush out the ice giant camp
That would mean every goblin in highkeep are multiple camps, Ec orcs are multiple camps, BB docks are multiple camps, spectres in oasis are multiple camps.

A camp should defined as being able to keep all mobs down before repops.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I don't like what OP did, it's true that no one have a clue how it works GM included.

It's suposed to be an outdoor zone so it should be FFA?

There is also that rule that a camp is only 1 room where you need line of sight on all the mobs, that third giant is cleary not in line of sight and should be considered a second camp?

I have also this issue when doing frenzy in velk, I also do CE on the way and people lawyer me out of the camp all the time saying frenzy + CE is 2 different camp, but I keep them down and from frenzy I clearly have line of sight on CE they're so close.

Another example not long ago I log in at BM in velk, everything is up two named up I start to clear, and like 10min later there is a dude telling me I am stealing his camp, I didn't do a camp check and he died and was recovering at entrance, I am clearly in the wrong he said. I gave him his camp back because I don't like drama but really people are so entitled. Tecnically that camp was mine already and that guy just stole one of the named while I was killing the other.
I'm not sure I agree with the "GM included" part, but you used to sort of have a point. For awhile at least a lot of this server's rules were only available in the heads of the GMs, and it was difficult for anyone else to know them unless they read every post the staff made on the forums.

But then some bored idiot made the wiki's Camp Rules page. And soon thereafter someone who was neither bored nor an idiot (but rather a tireless volunteer staff member who keeps making things better for everyone despite having a thankless job) modified the official server Play Nice Policies to summarize those same rules (although you still need the Camp Rules page for some of the gritty details).

Between those two people and their efforts, that old excuse is pretty much gone now. Anyone who has any interest in understanding how camp rules works can either read the official server rules on the forum OR the slightly more detailed Camp Rules wiki page, and have all their questions answered.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure I agree with the "GM included" part, but you used to sort of have a point. For awhile at least a lot of this server's rules were only available in the heads of the GMs, and it was difficult for anyone else to know them unless they read every post the staff made on the forums.

But then some bored idiot made the wiki's Camp Rules page. And soon thereafter someone who was neither bored nor an idiot (but rather a tireless volunteer staff member who keeps making things better for everyone despite having a thankless job) modified the official server Play Nice Policies to summarize those same rules (although you still need the Camp Rules page for some of the gritty details).

Between those two people and their efforts, that old excuse is pretty much gone now. Anyone who has any interest in understanding how camp rules works can either read the official server rules on the forum OR the slightly more detailed Camp Rules wiki page, and have all their questions answered.
Vichy
Closed Thread