Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Kobold

Velium hounds currently on beta can be easily outran with Jboots, it seems this was not the case back in 2001~ Also a post mentioning the other npcs the hounds share a spawn table with

Quote:
Posted: Jun 19th 2001 2:28am| IP: Logged | Reply... Reply to this
By: Anonymous
Score: Default

Link to this post

Kept up almost pace for pace with lvl 57 sow. The only way for me to escape was to get to zone. Snare has been resisted everytime, (I have yet to land a snare on Hounds or Drakes). They hit HARD.
Mastodons, Brontotheriums, velium hounds, wyverns, and cragwyrms all share the same spawns. Unfortunately Wyverns and Cragwyrms are on Claws of Veeshan faction, so if you're trying to maintain good faction with them and that's all that is up, you're screwed.
Quote:
Fast Reply... By: Aekhold,
17 posts
Posted @ Fri, Sep 21st 10:46 PM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
They outrunned my sow (lvl 55) and Gladly I had Spirit of Cheetah memmed, and then bye bye Wolfie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By the way I'd like to know if they are soloables for a lvl 55 shammy, harder hit I took was 149 so I guess it's possible, just to know if they are slowables thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS: J and Tboots are "only" 35% faster than normal movement, sow is 55% at lvl 50+, so take care you're not safe with your boots, giants and some high mobs will easily hit you while you'll try to escape them just a bit faster (just buy our potions to feel safer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
source:http://web.archive.org/web/200202141....shtml?id=6322
Old 12-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velium hounds currently on beta can be easily outran with Jboots, it seems this was not the case back in 2001~ Also a post mentioning the other npcs the hounds share a spawn table with

Good research!

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 12-25-2014, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, aggro range real small.

Also using wrong model:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this is what it should be.

Also they are not running fast enough. I can outrun them with jboots:
Beta's Wolf Models seem accurate to Timeline. That screenshot has drop shadows on the NPC name, which gives it away as non-classic. See also: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124235

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Last edited by maximum; 12-25-2014 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141924
Old 03-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Kobold

Bump hounds still low aggro range and running slower then Jboots,

Quote:
Posted: Jun 19th 2001 2:28am| IP: Logged | Reply... Reply to this
By: Anonymous
Score: Default

Link to this post

Kept up almost pace for pace with lvl 57 sow. The only way for me to escape was to get to zone. Snare has been resisted everytime, (I have yet to land a snare on Hounds or Drakes). They hit HARD.
Mastodons, Brontotheriums, velium hounds, wyverns, and cragwyrms all share the same spawns. Unfortunately Wyverns and Cragwyrms are on Claws of Veeshan faction, so if you're trying to maintain good faction with them and that's all that is up, you're screwed.
Quote:
Fast Reply... By: Aekhold,
17 posts
Posted @ Fri, Sep 21st 10:46 PM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
They outrunned my sow (lvl 55) and Gladly I had Spirit of Cheetah memmed, and then bye bye Wolfie
By the way I'd like to know if they are soloables for a lvl 55 shammy, harder hit I took was 149 so I guess it's possible, just to know if they are slowables thank you

PS: J and Tboots are "only" 35% faster than normal movement, sow is 55% at lvl 50+, so take care you're not safe with your boots, giants and some high mobs will easily hit you while you'll try to escape them just a bit faster (just buy our potions to feel safer )
Closed Thread