Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe the place needs a couple of Fippy Darkpaw style goblins trying to attack from the basement in an ongoing escape bid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aside from spatial concerns, I think what it needs most is male hookers. Only female ones to be found there. *thinking*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, why does High Keep basement not link with Runnyeye? Or some higher level transition dungeon?
I'd definitely put a higher level goblin dungeon underneath High Keep, that also links to East Karana (bottom of the chasm) and Runnyeye.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:17 AM
Kobold

I like this idea as well. When I played this as a kid I saw Dark elves killing Freeport guards (usually wall exploit) but I thought oh man I can't wait to go to the dark elf city and kill stuff. Then I realized no one goes to the dark elf city... not even dark elves.

City wars would be a good idea. The warrior leader of the Dark elf city would accept the head of the warrior leader from any other city. ect
Last edited by Titanas; 08-17-2019 at 02:19 AM..
Old 08-17-2019, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

^ People definitely hunted in Neriak in my day! Every city in the world was hunted in, partially because of the lack of other areas to hunt, and partially because it was just the most efficient way to exp (and pretty solid cash too). It was the best way to get Level 60 even, until they nerfed it - the first level 60 in the game was a RANGER who farmed in South Qeynos after Kunark launched.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This, I totally remember Evil Legion on Drinal doing this, though i dont know if it was Freeport specifically. Was a lot of fun.
Mhmm. Wasn't just freeport, but we were based in Neriak and our meet up spot was a fallen tree out in nektulos, so they just had the misfortune of being the closest to us
Old 08-17-2019, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

The Bertoxx area of qeynos catacombs would be like one of the coolest dungeon crawls, sebilis but full of human necromancers and shadowknights

and it'd be so classic of everquest to put a level 5-8 dungeon (qeynos catacombs) adjacent to a level 55+ one... think about the player's crossing path's, itd be so cool to see the mighty warriors battling dark necromancers, while I slay rats with my stick.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Bertoxx area of qeynos catacombs would be like one of the coolest dungeon crawls, sebilis but full of human necromancers and shadowknights

and it'd be so classic of everquest to put a level 5-8 dungeon (qeynos catacombs) adjacent to a level 55+ one... think about the player's crossing path's, itd be so cool to see the mighty warriors battling dark necromancers, while I slay rats with my stick.
Qeynos just needs another high end dungeon nearby somewhere, desperately. The only reason any high levels had to go there at all, even in clasic, was Permafrost, and (especially after classic) that zone draws only a handful of high level players.

The only time a Qeynos/Surefall/Halas newbie typically sees a high level character is when a Shaman goes home to buy spells, or on rare Vox raids. Having a Qeynos Aqueducts-plus, or a tunnel between Splitpaw and Blackburrow, or damn near anything at all in West Karana (it has the room for it!) ... heck even just adding a custom version of Jagged Pine forest where players who didn't care about faction could hunt some level 60 druids or something ... would be really nice to encourage level mixing on the other end of Antonica.

P.S. Also personally I've always thought Halas was meant to be raided, even though of course Loramin would never participate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:10 PM
Kobold

I would like to see them implement the zones shown on the original EQ Atlas Map.....there are at least 15-20 zones there that could be brought online.

Another thing that I would like to see is AA's brough into the game along with the LDON expansion (just the zones, not the augments). These gave us new dungeons and raid content.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

In fairness a lot of the 'zones' on the map are actually areas inside other zones... I think.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

Temple of Life and Shrine of Decay just need itemising.

How can there be a level 50 godfish with no loot!?
Old 08-18-2019, 06:10 AM
Planar Protector

Judging by appearances only, Nife himself would have dropped sandals, a hospital gown/white kimono, and a brooch, but the actual NPC was never included in game so one can only speculate what his loot table would have held, though the logical choice would have been the Prime Healer's Bulwark.

Depictions of him always seemed to imply he was both Cleric and Monk, having heal spells > a high priest and defenses > a grandmaster. Probably a bit of Enchanter thrown into the mix as well, considering he could take on the appearance of fish (illusion) or inhabit its form temporarily to do his bidding (charm/voice graft). So that probably would have included gravity flux, AE mez/stun, runes, and levitate. In koalindl form RN should have dropped a key required to enter his zone...

Quote:
The Plane of Health is ruled by Rodcet Nife, the Prime Healer. Rodcet appears a tall slender sexless humanoid with a bald head, large black eyes and thin lips. He wears white robes with silver accents. The Plane itself is a large complex of white stone and iron. The Plane is inhabited by odd iron and flesh golems.
Last edited by Ennewi; 08-18-2019 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: Too many buts.
Closed Thread