Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

I permanently hypnotized Katrik into thinking he was a she. Surprisingly, he doesn't care....
Old 08-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

Back in the olden days of RZ, I would guard kill people on purpose. Sometimes I would go for the kill shot, but if I didn't like the look of ya, you would be eating that exp loss. I had my enchanter parked in Highkeep, where I would charm prisoners, and send them on down to the unsuspecting victims leveling off pickclaws. Since my faction was awesome, any guard along the way would assist my prisoner and charge down to the cellar to lay down the law. Line of sight was not needed to cast spells, so in the meantime, I would be up on one of the top floors of Highkeep wall casting my target. Most groups never knew what hit them, and would be shouting "WTF JUST HAPPENED?!"
Old 08-22-2016, 09:19 PM
Kobold

I sold my friend's account who retired and he got real mad.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

What my friends and I called "the Teain Scam"

Pre velious, again on the prexus server, a buddy of mine had a lvl 52 ranger named Teain that he had quit playing. Had planer gear, epics, lots of no drop stuff. None of our other friends wanted the account, so we decided to use it for scamming instead.

Find a guy selling something mildly expensive, 25k ish range. Ask the guy "hey man I know this sounds weird, but i'll trade you a lvl 52 ranger for that item, all you gotta do is take over the billing." Usually the guy would suspect a scam, so we'd let him log onto the account, run around for a bit, maybe even give him a few hours to decide. We'd promise to give him all the necessary info once the trade was completed.

Of course, once the trade was completed, we'd change the password and screw the guy.

It worked for a solid couple weeks, but it eventually got to the point where everyone trading in EC was aware of our little game and it stopped working. So then we just ebayed the account.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

Back on live (xev server) this was in like 2000 i started in kunark i was about 14 and i thought it was a good idea to sell a cloth shirt as a fungi.

I told the guy i was in a huge hurry to just trade me the money quick before my mom turned the computer off i had it like 10k cheaper than normal cuz of the hurry.

I was on a burn character and my cousin was standing right next to me, took the play traded it to cuz and logged and deleted the guy. Good times.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

worst thing i did in eq was when someone in vent dissed my then fiance.

He called her a **** with a slanted pussy.

For some reason he thought this was cool because I didnt react. Then he gave me his account info. I sold his holgresh beads, his fungi, manastone, and blade of carnage.

Fuck that guy.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:37 PM
Kobold

On bored nights or just nights where I was feeling a particularly high level of angst, I'd log on one of two RL friends Druids and head to Qeynos. I proceeded to charm every animal in sight and give them thorns, chloro, SLN, etc. etc. and then zone. I did this for every animal in sight. I'd then watch all the resident newbies get rekt over and over again laughing so hard I was in pain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd also get the Priest of Discord to attack guards at the lifts in Gfay and coerce the local newbies to help take down the evil Priest. Little did they know the Priest was a monster and after he finished slaughtering the guards, they were next.

Never did any crazy thievery in Everquest but lots and lots of training/trolling/tomfoolery. I still look back on it fondly, actually.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Kobold

On bored nights or just nights where I was feeling a particularly high level of angst, I'd log on one of two RL friends Druids and head to Qeynos. I proceeded to charm every animal in sight and give them thorns, chloro, SLN, etc. etc. and then zone. I did this for every animal in sight. I'd then watch all the resident newbies get rekt over and over again laughing so hard I was in pain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd also get the Priest of Discord to attack guards at the lifts in Gfay and coerce the local newbies to help take down the evil Priest. Little did they know the Priest was a monster and after he finished slaughtering the guards, they were next.

Never did any crazy thievery in Everquest but lots and lots of training/trolling/tomfoolery.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in the olden days of RZ, I would guard kill people on purpose. Sometimes I would go for the kill shot, but if I didn't like the look of ya, you would be eating that exp loss. I had my enchanter parked in Highkeep, where I would charm prisoners, and send them on down to the unsuspecting victims leveling off pickclaws. Since my faction was awesome, any guard along the way would assist my prisoner and charge down to the cellar to lay down the law. Line of sight was not needed to cast spells, so in the meantime, I would be up on one of the top floors of Highkeep wall casting my target. Most groups never knew what hit them, and would be shouting "WTF JUST HAPPENED?!"
I used to keep a delvled dorf rogue camped at gobs just to log in and randomly kill everyone

Was good times one shotting sitting casters who didnt keep their see invis up :^)
Old 09-06-2016, 01:13 PM
Aviak

I enter zones that I have no intention of staying in and do camp checks, then I will claim a camp, usually one that someone is late to calling out, just to start an argument before I zone out or get ported out.
Closed Thread