Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 11:17 AM
Kobold

His regen is ~350 per tick and asphyxiate only does 55 per tick, so I don’t think dotting him will help much..

A few things I forgot to mention...

Make sure you give the merchants torches so they quad attack.. Procing weapons aren’t necessary, however, if you give them serrated bone dirks, Cazel won’t run out of range of your nuke at low HP.

Also, the wiki claims that he is unstunnable, which is false. His hit box seems relatively small.. when he was within range to attack me, my stuns did not even touch him because I was too far away. But when he would summon me they would land every time.

Also, he is unmezable, and I don’t think the wiki has that info.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

You sure he was actually being stunned and not just giving the message like 56+ mobs do when a stun hits them but it doesn't actually stun them?

As a giant I'm pretty sure he should be flagged both unmezzable and unstunnable, but I never tried to stun him myself.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sure he was actually being stunned and not just giving the message like 56+ mobs do when a stun hits them but it doesn't actually stun them?

As a giant I'm pretty sure he should be flagged both unmezzable and unstunnable, but I never tried to stun him myself.
You are probably right. I didn't realize that a stun could say it hit without actually stunning the mob.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:24 PM
Aviak

I've soloed him multiple times with just hasted / weaponized gypsy pet. Root and Slow him, keep Asphyxiate / Torment rolling and just chain nuke with Dementia / Discordant Mind and hope charm doesn't break. If need be could always keep a madman rooted close to mana tap.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've soloed him multiple times with just hasted / weaponized gypsy pet. Root and Slow him, keep Asphyxiate / Torment rolling and just chain nuke with Dementia / Discordant Mind and hope charm doesn't break. If need be could always keep a madman rooted close to mana tap.
With all the nukes/dots I assumed I would get agro and have root breaks often or summoned a lot. I'll give it a shot. I can always cast Blanket of Forgetfulness every 2-3 nukes.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With all the nukes/dots I assumed I would get agro and have root breaks often or summoned a lot. I'll give it a shot. I can always cast Blanket of Forgetfulness every 2-3 nukes.
If you let the pet do the first few % of damage you'll have a hard time pulling aggro off of it with nukes due to the long cast time of chanter nukes, even though they do create a lot of aggro when they land.

Even if you get summoned once or twice you'll only get summoned every 10 seconds just run out of range as soon as you get summoned.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:40 PM
Banned

Can a shaman pump out enough DPS to put a dent in him?

Lets say you're running Pox(111 dmg), Plague(55 dmg), Bane of Nife(214ish dmg), Scourge(24 dmg), epic, Hasted/buffed max pet and melee dmg.

That's about 400 from DOTs alone if you can keep them up vs a 350 regen. Hmm.

I might give it a go.
Closed Thread