Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 07:34 PM
Banned

with your gear you'll probably solo to 30 and then group after that.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

So dex and weapon procs are going to remain consistent in every level, so your procs will be the same amount than if you were 60 with the same dex.

If you want to have some fun and vary your play style some, I'd suggest getting a few of the fun proc weapons. Polished Granite Tomahawk procs at level 12 and gives you a rune and aggro. Stick than in an offhand with a wurmy or a venomous axe and you'll be pretty tank.

Goblin skull crushers proc a 4 second stun at level 15, dual those for an abrupt slow and great aggro.

Or be a master of frosty ninjutsu and get a pair of wakizashi of the frozen skies which proc at 20, gnome skin armor to blend in with the darkness and ring of shadows to sneak past unsuspecting enemies, metal gear style.

Or just do the lame 'obliterate everything with my OP stuff route if that suits you, that's cool too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:16 AM
Fire Giant

I had similar gear Womp, my haste being the SCHW (once again the "Tier 3" cheap option at less than 2kpp a slot hehe) - and I solo'd almost exclusively to 40. I mean of course I did some duo/trio every now and then I don't dislike people hehe. I just can't commit to not go afk at any moment without notice cause I have a baby next room :/ so instead of being the assholes constantly being "afk brb" every 10 mins sometimes without warning or even "sorry gtg!" because honestly that sucks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I rather played solo and still had fun.

FYI I did 1-14 in South Ro, 14-36 in upper guk and 36-40 in high keep. I was a troll.

Skarlorn is underestimating the ability of the warrior to chain wack high greens with this kind of twinking hehe you won't "need" to group if you pick your spots accordingly.

However it's more fun! I'm not advocating my style of play, I only did it cause it's the only thing I could do in my current situation hehe. If you the chance try to group a bit, mostly if you don't have much experience with a tank/warrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: updating your haste is the best idea bro. It will do much more for you than buying an exquisite velium battlehammer instead of your Frostbringer! If you have the 30kpp for the velium weapon you will be much better with a RBG and real AC gloves like Crystal Chitin Gauntlets. During my 1-40 solo run the buff I would get that would improve my xp the most was by very far Augmentation. Better than Chloro, DS, Heroic Bond or anything else. Haste > all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Nagoya; 04-15-2018 at 12:21 AM..
Old 04-15-2018, 02:59 PM
Aviak

If you're feeling saucy, you could run out to DN and buy an Infestation loot for 10k. Supposedly procs at 1, although you need to be 5 to get into Kael at least.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:35 PM
Kobold

I'm eyeing a Sebilite Croaking daggermasoo to go with my 12/22 sword from dn.
I got a WESS and brood axe for aggro already.
I just feel as proccing is boring and I'm more looking at edging melee dps
Old 04-16-2018, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Why not frostbringer? Why not both?
Old 04-16-2018, 12:03 PM
Kobold

Somehow I don't think my level 6 warrior will be able to attain that
Closed Thread