Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 01:49 AM
Aviak

Default Paladin Leveling Weapon?

Just wondering what a solid paladin leveling weapon would be? I expect I’ll be tanking a lot so I’ll need a sword/board? Do I use a 2 handed when soloing?

Let’s say I have 5-10k to spend on a weapon, what would a good choice be?

Thanks for any advice!
Old 06-22-2018, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Eh for a weapon that will stay with you as you level and be useful for bashing, grouping and solo

http://wiki.project1999.com/Rod_of_Faith

Top of your budget but pair with a shield and it’s one size fits all. It’s about 15% less damage than the best tradable 2handers.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-22-2018, 04:56 AM
Fire Giant

Buy a Soulfire MQ, it's part of your epic for later use, and it looks cool, ppl will be jealous cause they can't have a fire sword
Old 06-22-2018, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Exq 2hander and carry a shield and swap for stuns. Don't really need it all the time since you have stun spells but even so, nice to have a free stun every once in awhile.

My setup was XPSX on a horizontal ability bar. Why two X slots if they are the same? I just like the fluid side to side motion.
X = hot keyed inventory slot or open bag.
P = pri weapon.
S = secondary slot.

Nice to carry some cheapo one handers to keep the skill up though so you don't have to go through that once you get your hands on the sexy no drop weapons in PoH/Vel. Wurmslayer is also a pretty decent option and then if start doing velks for that no drop sword.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

You can do 1-50 with a 100p Baton of Faith and literally nothing else. Spend the rest of your plat on hp gear and haste. Worry about the bigger upgrades 50+.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Baton of Faith for 100p is great if you are bootstrapping it to 50. I'd get a Nathsar (17/30) or Ornate Rune Blade (19/30) in the earlier levels since you are dmg capped until level 30. If cash is readily available the one annoyance is switching weapon skills and training up. I loved my Iceflame (another awesome weapon) but there are very few good piercers out there w/o hitting NTOV.

For your situation I would probably get the Nathsar or Ornate Rune from 1-20 and the 30/36 (or similar) Velium 2hs since it's only like 1-1.5k. By the time you really invest in the pally you can sell this and upgrade to a Exquisite.

Personally I kept the Crafted Velium Claidhmore since it's light and not worth much. I liquidated my other toons to get a Reaver (40/40 2hs). You cant hit undead with it but when it works oh...it works. Since it's slow it's also easy to cast your higher level stuns between swings w/o dps loss. I also carry a shield and SotM since it's a cheap combo and situationally handy.
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-23-2018 at 06:13 PM..
Old 06-23-2018, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Is reaver / ghoulbane a good combo?

The reaver for non-magic, the ghoulbane for undead and …. fist or summon hammer for other?!
Old 06-23-2018, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is reaver / ghoulbane a good combo?

The reaver for non-magic, the ghoulbane for undead and …. fist or summon hammer for other?!
I've been mostly focusing to reaver-able stuff since I got it, not quite sure. Thinking about headed to lower guk (I'm lvl 51 now).

If I had to guess the .75+ ratio 2h would do more dps than the Ghoulbane. Honestly though, never had one just the SoTM. The proc's are pretty beefy though...might pick one up and give it a go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yea gotta have an OT hammer. It's nice for a class that can't sow or invis, lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2018, 03:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Mithril 2 hand sword
Old 06-25-2018, 06:54 AM
Kobold

Sword of the Morning is a great 1HS that will carry you for many levels. Great to use on anything that isn’t Undead when you’re MT in a group.
Closed Thread