Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 10:35 AM
Kobold

If you want to be the best DPS or tank in end-game raids, ya don't play a Ranger because that's not what they are designed to be.

However if you want to be an indispensable and flexible party member on the "Journey to 60" and have cool utility like Tracking and some spells then I think Rangers are a helluva lot of fun.

It does require you to be an active and engaging player though, you can't sit and med 90% of the time and toss out a heal or nuke or two. But I really, really enjoy chain pulling an outdoor dungeon with a solid XP group. They'll sing your praises if you do it right/well.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:20 AM
Banned

Being a Ranger is the most fulfilling class there is! With the right gear you can solo 1-60 or be DPS,Puller, and/or tank in groups!
Now some might say.. WAHHH rangers cant tank!! the ones who might think this are just simple minded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will you be tanking Avatar of War? Prob not. VP mobs? (its been done before) but since there are clicky mallets and stuff theres really no need for it.
In groups you are capable of grabbing and and not losing the aggro during ench/shaman's tashes and malos as well as follow up slows right after.
You're slowers will prefer it!
Well how about their tanking capabilities. Considering if you gear properly, you will have maybe 1k or so less then the "average" tank at lvl 60 that isnt all raid geared out and maybe 100-150 less AC. Sure you will be getting hit harder then war/pali/sks.. But you will be very well capable of doing this. DPS.. You prob wont out dps an epicced 60 rogue at 60.. You will on the otherhand be on par if not better damage then youre average monk ( monk using sceptre of mastery + fist. )
Old 03-24-2018, 12:03 PM
Banned

Oh.. + you make the group stronger with your ranger buffs, can clutch heal peeps who somehow aggroed mobs without you realizing it, Oh... and ive tanked king,protector,tola,juggs emp ( all in seb ) without any problem. Leave the raid targets for the fatties tho.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Naggy and Vox recently tanked by a ranger!
Old 03-26-2018, 12:39 PM
Banned

Zordak ragefire tanked by ranger, 1 grouped ^_^
Old 05-21-2018, 04:16 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I played a ranger on live and I created him again on p99 because i loved playing them. I dont care that i cant tank all that well or at all, I dont care that dps is and can be an issue. I love the play style with trying to pull and being able to track mobs for my groups. I will get in the middle of the fight and pull out to plunk some arrows in a mob. But hey this is just me.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ranger can solo to 60. They get free loot on raids. Nothing wrong with them.
Weaponshield and someone to eat DTs too.

For anyone who doesn't plan on 60 or raiding, Rangers are a lot of fun and shouldn't be discouraged. You'll have to pay attention more than most other classes, so that's a deal breaker for some. Tons of utility and decent damage, though. A good ranger brings plenty of reasons to have in a group.
Last edited by Crawdad; 06-04-2018 at 01:41 PM..
Closed Thread