Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Orc

Default Rogue Poisons

Are poisons worth trying to level and use? So if I understand correctly, once a poison is applied to the weapon(slot), the first hit says if it goes off or not. But after that, it is used and you have to reapply poison again afterwards to fight the next mob? Is this right?
Old 06-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Banned

Yes, you are correct.

They are not worth using.

At end game, some of the poisons cost 25p per application. Way too expensive when you have to refresh that for every mob.

However, if you're bored and still want to learn it, take up Pottery as well to reduce your costs.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Applying poison causes you to sit down for about, what, 6 seconds? Not something you can/should do during a fight. And to successfully apply the poison you need to raise the apply poison skill, which means even more farming and crafting.

It's technically viable and can be handy to have around, but only in vorpal edge cases. I did it back in the day because I was a huger minmax poopsocker dipshit than I am today, but I'd never do it again knowing what it involves and what minimal benefit one gets in the end.

That said, Mind Melt is a high level poison required for the Coldain ring quests, so someone's gotta do poison making. It just aint gonna be me
Last edited by Bummey; 06-12-2018 at 01:39 PM..
Old 06-21-2018, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Worth it on the red server if you're leveling a rogue there....muscle lock (snare) is a passport to a kill.