Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Side note my expertise is on programs but add in someone like Agatha appears to be to run customer service and handle that aspect then any problem you can post has a good resolution based on community control of the server.

Love PvP. Retired from P99 due to lack of PvP
Old 02-19-2018, 08:53 PM
Banned

I am making best friend Tassador my proxy for this thread. Please read every post he makes twice, but the second time inflection your emotional bias towards me onto the words. Thanks
Old 02-19-2018, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am making best friend Tassador my proxy for this thread. Please read every post he makes twice, but the second time inflection your emotional bias towards me onto the words. Thanks
You play video games for online bonds. I play cause it's a video game.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:39 AM
Sarnak

http://www.thoughtsandprayersthegame.com/ so good tho. Beat my highscore if you can. 114 T&P.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:21 PM
Fire Giant

What is the tech stack that eqemu runs on? I know I love working on 20 year old platforms.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

To answer my own question ...

Code:
EQEmulator is a custom completely from-scratch open source server implementation for EverQuest built mostly on C++

MySQL/MariaDB is used as the database engine (over 200+ tables)
Perl and LUA are both supported scripting languages for NPC/Player/Quest oriented events
Open source database (Project EQ) has content up to expansion OoW (included in server installs)
Game server environments and databases can be heavily customized to create all new experiences
Hundreds of Quests/events created and maintained by Project EQ
I'm sure we can code up a new server in no time! Someone get going on creating a Docker image.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:47 PM
Aviak

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronoburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To answer my own question ...
I'm sure we can code up a new server in no time! Someone get going on creating a Docker image.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2018, 05:31 PM
Banned

Image, will you start a server and do all the work but make none of the decisions?
Old 02-20-2018, 06:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Image, will you start a server and do all the work but make none of the decisions?
already doing that since devn00b is running season 5 of zek, I am just making the code changes he asks for. But you probably don't like his plans either haha.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the guy who people have been complaining about running it for the last 10 years is now running it by himself. how novel. I heard things are really looking up for S5 too with the degenerative snoozefest design. most of your fanboys have no idea what they are even walking into in S5. Can't wait to see them all get punked since you guys get off on that shit over there.

check the FOH archive from several years ago and you'll see stuff like devnoob taking his DB and going home. hes running it because hes always been able to threaten image any time the going gets tough. Its always been held hostage. The whole current working relationship is relatively new in the last 4-5 years.
Well for what its worth if anyone has any source questions on eqemu I gladly answer them on the eqemulator.net forums (sometimes I get private messages on discord too for eqemu) -- there are quite a few people that ask me about setting up PVP based servers, but id say a bunch of you are all scattered trying to do your own thing right now.
Last edited by image; 02-20-2018 at 06:30 PM..
Closed Thread