Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

If anything the rotation agreement isn't strong enough; YDYN (your day your noble) needs to go back to being a thing.

It's infuriating having Sirfloppins team threaten to petition quest you against a perceived transgression when THEY are the ones taking mobs on another forces day!

They took our 'Freeti drops!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-08-2018, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesteve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recorpsing is something you would already be doing with your current rotation, I fail to see how FFA days would effect this. Regardless, lets be honest with ourselves here, the only thing this rotation currently favors is the guilds that are on it. As for particular groups keying and hitting certain mobs, I'm sure that will happen, and I'm sure that already happens as is, hence the rotation put in place. On live, these kind of problems no longer exist, due to instancing. Even normal exp zones are now instanced when a certain player limit is reached. But what really brings me back to this server, and the immersion is the race, the contesting, the competition against the other guilds as you go for the boss.

Hence my distaste for these player agreements in general, on Tholuxe Paells we didn't have these rotations, nor did we on Firiona Vie.
Corpsing is completely different because you do it 1 time per week and then start your raid. However with FFA you have to be checking sky on numerous days, find most of the mobs likely not up, and leave.

All I see with FFA is Sky becomes ToV with people socking it 24/7 but in this case for sniping a specific mob and potentially blocking others from keying. If you don't think this will happen for select targets then you don't raid much on this server. Someone needs Gorg? Guild socks him every spawn and blocks anyone from keying to 4 until they get their loot. Sound like fun? Not to me. Same thing would happen with monk belts for EoV, kill squad parked on 7 to pull and kill every spawn till they get their loot and run outta people to sell loot rights to.

But hey, let's make sky an FFA shitshow, why not. #itsClassic
Old 06-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Wow aftermath is sniping nobles now. What a trash guild seriously
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

My suggestion was 2 FFA days, not complete FFA.

So those in the agreement could continue to have their cake. So to speak.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesteve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recorpsing is something you would already be doing with your current rotation, I fail to see how FFA days would effect this. Regardless, lets be honest with ourselves here, the only thing this rotation currently favors is the guilds that are on it. As for particular groups keying and hitting certain mobs, I'm sure that will happen, and I'm sure that already happens as is, hence the rotation put in place. On live, these kind of problems no longer exist, due to instancing. Even normal exp zones are now instanced when a certain player limit is reached. But what really brings me back to this server, and the immersion is the race, the contesting, the competition against the other guilds as you go for the boss.

Hence my distaste for these player agreements in general, on Tholuxe Paells we didn't have these rotations, nor did we on Firiona Vie.
What are you racing for in sky? Last I checked, this was about sky belts and epic quest pieces...
Old 06-08-2018, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

A reasonable solution would be to have guilds sign up for a 10-12 week block and not hold on to a sky day in perpetuity. Then a guild would have to take a required break and then re-sign up for a new block.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
My suggestion was 2 FFA days, not complete FFA.

So those in the agreement could continue to have their cake. So to speak.
2 days would be interesting, similar to what I said applies where those 2 days become a shit show of perma farmed mobs by keyed players and most trash skipped. But it's not a bad proposal. Also as Chillwin mentioned, rotating every 3 months would be a viable solution too, though more GM maintenance there, but easily more fair for guilds not in rotation.

Though I'd be interested to know how many guilds aren't in the rotation atm that want to be. Especially if they just want to be in to get a couple epic pieces & haste belts.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow aftermath is sniping nobles now. What a trash guild seriously
In fairness that was like a year ago. I don't know who is the current djinnibagging scum at the moment... Not planarity I guess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In fairness that was like a year ago. I don't know who is the current djinnibagging scum at the moment... Not planarity I guess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Planarity is just scum for farming KoS on Clue's indefinitely suspended sky day, which is somehow worse than Noble snipers /boggle
Old 06-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 days would be interesting, similar to what I said applies where those 2 days become a shit show of perma farmed mobs by keyed players and most trash skipped. But it's not a bad proposal. Also as Chillwin mentioned, rotating every 3 months would be a viable solution too, though more GM maintenance there, but easily more fair for guilds not in rotation.

Though I'd be interested to know how many guilds aren't in the rotation atm that want to be. Especially if they just want to be in to get a couple epic pieces & haste belts.
Does anyone really think FFA days are going to open up epic pieces and haste belts to casuals?
Closed Thread