Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Old 04-13-2021, 10:31 AM
Fire Giant

Did someone say Cats on the Moon?
Old 04-13-2021, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Luclin/PoP greatly fix a bunch of problems that P99 has.

It helps spread out the population across various tiers of raid content. You stop having the top guilds wanting to continue killing Kunark dragons because they have Elementals/Time to focus on. Middling guilds can grind through Vex Thal and PoP progression. New guilds can do NToV and lower Luclin targets.

AAs balance out classes quite well. With some classes like Wizard/Druid/Ranger getting much needed boosts. Also AAs provide incentives to continue grouping on your character after they reach max level, which currently does not exist in Velious until you get 200 rezzes and need to refill your EXP bar.

Raid window helps organize your guild on raids and awards kill credit/loot to the guild that does the most DPS. This allows for a more hands off raid rules approach if they wish to take it and just allowing DPS to reign supreme. However that is not necessary if they want to continue monitoring bag limits and drafts. Though as mentioned above, guild strength would naturally stratify guilds out into different tiers of content anyways meaning these drafts would stop being done between 5+ guilds instead only 2-3 guilds draft for elementals/time 2-3 draft for vex thal etc.

Beastlords provide a different class experience from one people have gotten used to on the last 10 years of P99. Luclin opening would drive a rush of new beastlord creations and inevitably more low level groups for those characters.

PoP Progression would allow for more natural open raids to occur. All PoP targets are 3 days +/- 24hr so after the initial flagging rush from top guilds running open Grummus or Manaetic Behemoth raids to flag an open raid for CoDecay or PoTactics would become quite common place on P99 I think. A server with regular open raids is a much friendlier and pleasant server to be a part of. Even people who do not have the time commitment for a guild can access raids to progress their character if their schedule lines up to the open raid.

It really would be a good change for P99 Blue. I think once Green reaches late era Velious, you could just offer Blue /transfers to Green and Green /transfers to Blue, where Green stays Velious forever. Then Blue opens up Luclin and eventually PoP. It would be a really good time also to convert over to the TAKP Client which is much more accurate to the era rather than this Titanium out of era monstrosity that P99 has been stuck with since its inception.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Servers should just go to GoD and stop.

Would love to see a server launch in GoD and watch p99 guilds race for 1sts.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin/PoP greatly fix a bunch of problems that P99 has.
As if we need the population spread out.

It would provide a handful of new permanent pharming spots while obsoleting a bunch of older pharming spots.

Paludal caverns are like maximum hyper power level for levels 1-10000 if you have classic EXP modifiers in place, that zone was insane.

So we would trade all content on vanilla, kunark, and velious, for the bazaar and like 2 or 3 other pharm spots.

Sounds dumb.

Geez do you not remember when these expansions hit live?

Please someone put me out of my misery.

Project EQ the grand creation will meet your needs though. Play there. Live your dream.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

p.s. now I know how I sound like when I'm talking about the benefits of PVP to someone that knows deep down in their heart that my beliefs are complete hogwash bunk.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Paludal caverns is legit, can confirm.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:45 PM
Server GM

I would just like some AA's that you can only train in when you are 60. I feel like that could bring balance to several gimp classes like Paladin/SK.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

AA's on blue would go a long way to giving people something to do. Of course they would need to be balanced around Velious era content. The power creep could be too much for say a monk in velious era with AAs.

I can see people logging back into blue for this.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would just like some AA's that you can only train in when you are 60. I feel like that could bring balance to several gimp classes like Paladin/SK.
Designers, make it work!
Closed Thread