Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 03:09 AM
Banned

Learn to feel.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:20 AM
Banned

I'll one last thing about Chappelle then move on.

His climatic trans joke was "gender is a fact" followed by familiar TERF tropes about motherhood being primary thing that defines what it means to be a woman.

Now I'm sure some of you believe gender is a fact. Do you understand this is a semantic argument?

Quote:
Sociologists generally regard gender as a social construct, and various researchers, including many feminists, consider sex to only be a matter of biology and something that is not about social or cultural construction. For instance, sexologist John Money suggests the distinction between biological sex and gender as a role.[50] Moreover, Ann Oakley, a professor of sociology and social policy, says "the constancy of sex must be admitted, but so also must the variability of gender."[84] The World Health Organization states, "'[s]ex' refers to the biological and physiological characteristics that define men and women," and "'gender' refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for men and women."[85] Thus, sex is regarded as a category studied in biology (natural sciences), while gender is studied in humanities and social sciences. Lynda Birke, a feminist biologist, maintains "'biology' is not seen as something which might change."[86] Therefore, it is stated that sex is something that does not change, while gender can change according to social structure.
Basic college shit. So you want to argue with the academics about what the word gender means?

Why?

Whats wrong with just saying sex?

Because if you admit it makes more sense to have too different words, your not going to be able to cloak your transphobia into "I'm just rational"

You can't change if you were born with a penis or vagina. So only if we can define gender as sex is it possible for one to argue "gender is fact" credibly.

Do you think Rogean, Chappelle, Shapiro don't understand this? They been doing this kind of thing for years and never once wiki'd gender? Never once ran into any academic or bothered looking into what they say about this at all?

They do on purpose, divide the population around this BS culture war issue, and keep raking in the money. It's hard to find public figures that will state boldly their belief that "gender is fact" -- so its a big market they have to expand in.

Its not gonna be a good look in 5-10 years, mark my words.

Edit: I also don't like overusing the term "biological male" or "biological female." This might technically be a factual way to explain it -- but it can be pretty misleading. I'm a biological male because I have testosterone running their my bloodstream among other physical characteristics associated with being a male. This isn't always true for a transgirl.

And why does Rogean like the term? He usually does it on some wind up about how some hairy man will claim to be a woman to win a weightlifting competition. He has had how many god damn years to invite someone familiar with the science in this area? Never gonna do it though.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 10-17-2021 at 08:33 AM..
Old 10-17-2021, 08:36 AM
Sarnak

He's going down the path of 'political influencer' not comedian. Maybe Netflix thought they were buying comedy for $24 million now it's hard to eat that sunk cost.

Can't help but wonder if he liked Daphne Dorman solely because she was self-decprecating which validated his views.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2021, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

I don't care about your God damned politics.

WE AIN'T GOT NO GOD DAMNED BAND! WE DON'T NEED TO FUCKIN PRACTICE, RANDY! WE DON'T NEED NO SHITASS MANAGER EITHER!

Now I want all you yall to get outta my house now before I get so mad I can't turn back. I said, GET THE FUCK! OUT!

Dwight Yoakam's performance was Oscar material and he's a musician by trade.
Last edited by Knowledge; 10-17-2021 at 10:08 AM..
Old 10-17-2021, 10:15 AM
Banned

It's crappy when publishers dicktate wat content you should create about what.

It's going to be really weird when Netflix hires someone 2 make a "transgender" show.

R.i.p.

Strong weirdos goog timez
Goog timez weeksuace.
Weaksuace hard timies
Hard times strong xudes and xudettes
Old 10-17-2021, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's crappy when publishers dicktate wat content you should create about what.

It's going to be really weird when Netflix hires someone 2 make a "transgender" show.

R.i.p.

Strong weirdos goog timez
Goog timez weeksuace.
Weaksuace hard timies
Hard times strong xudes and xudettes
We'll never escape the free speech absolutists so it's not worth getting mad over.

Feeding them your emotional reaccs just maims their brains further and they wind up like Toxigen. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2021, 10:36 AM
Banned

I can't reply just now don't worry though your bergout didn't go unnoticed.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't reply just now don't worry though your bergout didn't go unnoticed.
Broke: being mad at steve jobs
Woke: being mad at marconi
Bespoke: being mad at gutenberg
Old 10-17-2021, 10:54 AM
Fire Giant

My wife she says 'Take me someplace I never been.'

I says 'Ok, try the kitchen'
Closed Thread