Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

canadians are North American.

and they are too polite to call me out.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could say a lot about this. The trans community probably won't have it together for a long time yet. A lot are in the woke-left activist crowd (which includes a lot of non-LGBT people too, but that's another discussion). Those types, yes, are always looking for the offense of the day.

But there are as many that you'll barely notice. The ones that just go on and live their lives in their identity as they are. I never saw the appeal of the woke crowd as it felt sort of cultish; a mirror of extreme-right evangelism. To some degree it's like the deaf acceptance debate, you have to adapt to fit into society.

But that doesn't mean a lot of people on here aren't disgusting either. It's kinda gross just how many posts are thinly veiled hate. Though more commonly it's not quite what I'd call hate but disgust. From a non-American perspective, this community is pretty backwards especially taking into account the age demographic.

Comes down to context not just a word or two. Misgendering by accident vs on purpose is a good example. Same word, very different intent. And you learn to read intent very well when you live it.
From what I recall of the comments misgendering was on the lighter side…

I personally will follow someone’s preferred pronouns because I am a nice person. Other people who don’t agree with their lifestyle won’t, and they especially won’t the more it’s mandated (not that it is here, just speaking in generalities). “Do it or we’ll force you to do it” has never been all that effective of an approach towards my political party

To be objective there were some extreme negative things said. She could have put them on ignore, she chose to say things back, fight back, stick up for herself, however you want to describe it. Like I mentioned whether her way of doing it was effective or the right choice will depend on who you ask. But the ignore button is always there regardless

When I think about myself, I am the type to fight back. “Talk shit, get hit”. But if I’m dealing with a broken record, someone just insulting for the sake of insulting and it is clear it’s just juvenile trolling, I’d put them on ignore. Not trying to be judgemental about IK because she’s a different person in a different situation
Old 10-25-2021, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I recall of the comments misgendering was on the lighter side…

I personally will follow someone’s preferred pronouns because I am a nice person. Other people who don’t agree with their lifestyle won’t, and they especially won’t the more it’s mandated (not that it is here, just speaking in generalities). “Do it or we’ll force you to do it” has never been all that effective of an approach towards my political party

To be objective there were some extreme negative things said. She could have put them on ignore, she chose to say things back, fight back, stick up for herself, however you want to describe it. Like I mentioned whether her way of doing it was effective or the right choice will depend on who you ask. But the ignore button is always there regardless

When I think about myself, I am the type to fight back. “Talk shit, get hit”. But if I’m dealing with a broken record, someone just insulting for the sake of insulting and it is clear it’s just juvenile trolling, I’d put them on ignore. Not trying to be judgemental about IK because she’s a different person in a different situation
fwiw hobert and cd288 tend to whip the anti-trans-boat-owning people out of their party when they can be bothered to post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2021, 11:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fwiw hobert and cd288 tend to whip the anti-trans-boat-owning people out of their party when they can be bothered to post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what you mean by whip “out” of their party

No one including me is changing any hearts and minds over the internet. We come here to banter, but mostly, to fight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-26-2021, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what you mean by whip “out” of their party

No one including me is changing any hearts and minds over the internet. We come here to banter, but mostly, to fight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in congress it means "to convince to shutup and act right".

that's how the sausage gets made.
Old 10-26-2021, 12:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in congress it means "to convince to shutup and act right".

that's how the sausage gets made.
Oh ok that is different. I thought u meant causing someone to switch parties or change their mind completely about something. That’s as rare as a unicorn online. Actually way more rare, I actually see unicorns online sometimes lol. I believe I passed a named one in EQ recently even
Old 10-26-2021, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But that doesn't mean a lot of people on here aren't disgusting either. It's kinda gross just how many posts are thinly veiled hate. Though more commonly it's not quite what I'd call hate but disgust. From a non-American perspective, this community is pretty backwards especially taking into account the age demographic.

Comes down to context not just a word or two. Misgendering by accident vs on purpose is a good example. Same word, very different intent. And you learn to read intent very well when you live it.
Are you meaning to imply you want to see action taken against someone like me simply because I won't take part in what I regard as falsehood?

I ask because I know you can make an articulate response. I like to think I can too. We can discuss it in PM if you prefer for convenience; this thread quite often moves quickly.

Danth
Old 10-26-2021, 08:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you meaning to imply you want to see action taken against someone like me simply because I won't take part in what I regard as falsehood?

I ask because I know you can make an articulate response. I like to think I can too. We can discuss it in PM if you prefer for convenience; this thread quite often moves quickly.

Danth
I'm sure you would be upset if people referred to you as the other gender or another name on purpose.

The saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all" comes to mind. You can disagree while not being disrespectful to others.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Nexii you are a prime example of someone living with severe victim mentality / complex.

ImpK is just off the rails batshit insane. You, on the other hand, look for any little speck of anti-LGBTQ and blow it up into a big fucking deal. This reputation follows you to every corner of P99 which is why people treat you the way they do.

How you've gotten away with holocaust jokes and blatant cheating in the raid scene is beyond me. On top of it all, you've used this victimization / "I'm offended" bullshit to have people kicked from guilds and involved CSR to banish / remove from guild leadership.

You're (presumably) in your 30s / 40s and go crying every time someone offends your fragile little self. Its pathetic.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nexii you are a prime example of someone living with severe victim mentality / complex.

ImpK is just off the rails batshit insane. You, on the other hand, look for any little speck of anti-LGBTQ and blow it up into a big fucking deal. This reputation follows you to every corner of P99 which is why people treat you the way they do.

How you've gotten away with holocaust jokes and blatant cheating in the raid scene is beyond me. On top of it all, you've used this victimization / "I'm offended" bullshit to have people kicked from guilds and involved CSR to banish / remove from guild leadership.

You're (presumably) in your 30s / 40s and go crying every time someone offends your fragile little self. Its pathetic.
The joking was not about The Holocaust but rather satire towards Vanquish leadership who thought it'd be edgy or cool to have a guild tag that refers to it. Staff isn't giving out guild tags like <Holocaust> these days.

Anyways I told Menden at the time I'd stop and I have done that. You're the one that seems to be victimized and can't stop crying about being called out on it.