Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-26-2022, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Pros of mask culture - when you cut yourself hastily shaving in the morning 20 minutes before a doctors appointment, you can hide the fact that you have a piece of bloody toilet paper stuck to your face!

Good news: Ankle X-ray came back as fully healed. Now to join the waiting list to get the screws out!
Last edited by nostalgiaquest; 01-26-2022 at 12:41 PM..
Old 01-26-2022, 02:20 PM
Banned

Breyer is gonna retire. This sets up a Very Cool showdown between a whole bunch of folks you wouldn't trust with your weedwhacker
Old 01-26-2022, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Got the kids out to the Kelso Dunes in Mojave and it was great! Wife even came and didn't hate it!
Old 01-26-2022, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

I meant to include a picture/facepalm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220123_134322.jpg (97.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-27-2022, 11:23 PM
Banned

I used to post to my family on social media about my job escapades, reading these again brought back memories…

Quote:
At work tonight, sitting in an ER lobby with my drunk, agitated client, and I'm counting the seconds, staring at the triage door, praying she can keep her shit together long enough for them to call her name. Then an unfortunate fellow in a cowboy hat makes eye contact and I hear "Fuck you, cowboy".....dammit, time to go get security [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
It's the little things that I love about my job sometimes...like when I'm talking to a family in their living room and the mom stops and says "NO, put that back, you can't eat just Mustard"...and I see a disappointed 10yr old girl walk back into kitchen carrying a giant jug of Mustard. I couldn't help but laugh a little [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
I'm at a skilled nursing facility and I'm going to steal their coffee like I do at every one I get called to. But it comes out of the thermos as water. I don't see a fountain around so I think "I guess this is their water", and take a big gulp. Nope, this is their boiling water
Quote:
At work, helping police out with a psychotic woman who wandered into a local business and she asks what would a hospital do for her, and holly says they will help you get stable, and she replies: "Listen, I am not a horse-woman." The officer immediately starts laughing and I tell him "and that is the quote of the day right there" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-28-2022, 08:07 PM
Banned

Went on a zoo date my dad and stepmom set up with this co-worker of theirs, sort of like a double date group thing

She is not very photogenic so based on her pics I was barely into it going in. Turns out she is much cuter in person, cute voice, smart, and good sense of humor, enough to laugh at my stuff. Was pleasantly surprised, not head over heels for her but not bad

I tend to do pretty well with girls, so it seemed she was interested too. Got her number and invited her to the Renaissance festival coming up that is in town, because she is also kind of a sci fi fantasy nerd

A little earlier than I wanted to start officially dating again (wanted to get in better shape, but that’s always my excuse) but oh well, at the very least it can be a new friend and good practice
Old 01-29-2022, 09:39 PM
Banned

^
Me, to the girl with me: Why don’t you want to feed the stingray?

Her: Because it sounded like they were trying to suck your hand right off

Me: [a thousand sexual puns running through my mind] thinks ‘don’t do it, you are just meeting her, don’t do it’

Me: [just smiles]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 092E7B53-9EEE-4E78-9CFC-C7223E100030.jpg (21.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 8A8AED00-97F2-4481-BEDA-12711D106D6F.jpg (23.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-29-2022, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Skated with the boys, napped with my son.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:31 PM
Fire Giant

Hung out with the fam!
Old 02-04-2022, 12:06 PM
Large Bat

I thought about using crypto not only as an active rainy day. For now, I'm just reading literature like algorithmic trading. But I have one reasonable question. How long does it take to get good results? I see real examples of success but no one says how many mistakes they made until they got what they have now. Is it worth it to go into crypto at the current moment?