Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Default Levitate doesn't work..

So I've noticed that sometimes when I use levitate, I still float if I fall off a high surface, but I float down and down and eventually touch the ground, rather than floating above it (for instance, I should always be able to float above water, yet I can't because of this bug). If I'm zoomed in as much as possible in 1st person view, and face up, I can keep myself from going underwater when levitating above water (this is kinda similar to how swimming works, actually).

Sometimes levi works as it should in the third person point of view (the one I use for aoe kiting), but sometimes it doesn't. What causes it to work only sometimes, and when can this bug be fixed? Thanks.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Fire Giant

This may seem stupid but have you checked to see if you're looking down when you get back in first person when you have the issue?

And isn't there 2 different types of levi, one that you float down with and one that you don't? I swore like DMF or something didn't make you float down.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Aviak

Send a message via MSN to fwaits

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This may seem stupid but have you checked to see if you're looking down when you get back in first person when you have the issue?

And isn't there 2 different types of levi, one that you float down with and one that you don't? I swore like DMF or something didn't make you float down.
No DMF and Lev had the exact same float properties. It just also provided UV and Water Breathing on top of it.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I zoom out in first person (or if I'm in the 3rd person view), it seems that it doesn't matter whether I'm looking "down" or "up" (I tried that), but again I may have just been doing something wrong. If someone has a definitive answer to my question that would be awesome, so that I could bear with it until the next patch.

edit: if it makes a difference in any way, I've been using Pegasus Feather Cloak to levi myself
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Last edited by Lazortag; 08-14-2010 at 08:59 PM..
Old 08-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Fire Giant

Your FPS has a direct impact on what happens when you levitate. Tab out to a window that partially obscures your eq window, and watch yourself rapidly descend. Conversely, I can minimize EQ for a span of time, and actually levitate upward. I used this trick to get on top of the Temple of Marr in North Freeport to demonstrate, since there's no other way to reach this point as a player. (There's a rooftop about the same height but you'd sink before reaching the temple)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In ideal hovering conditions, you will move up and downward along the z-axis at the same rate, unless you are high enough to sink due to game mechanics (too far above the ground to hover). So, it's more of a client issue than anything, but knowing how it works (WinEQ2 and EQplaynice artificially lower your FPS) may help you prevent the problem.
Last edited by mmiles8; 08-14-2010 at 10:24 PM..
Old 08-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Okay, two things. Firstly, I did go into options and recently lower my FPS down to 60 because i was having a lag issue, and I don't think I turned it back before I had the levitate problem. Now for me, I don't believe the levitate problem got more extreme after I did this, so this is probably not the issue, but your post is still really interesting nonetheless.

Secondly, I thought of a solution while I was in bed this morning: I could zoom in as much as possible in first person (aka, the default view when you log in), have my character face up, and then press F9 until I'm in 3rd person view. I get a weird feeling that this will actually not make me go underwater when levitating, but it might not work.

I also don't know what WinEQ2 or EQplaynice are, so if those help or hurt me in any way, I wouldn't know it.

edit: just to be clear, until (if ever) there's a fix for this, I'm looking for a temporary fix that will allow me to levitate above water while aoe kiting (specifically the water around the spectres in oasis) without going underwater.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 06-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Kobold

Did you ever figure out a fix for this? I drop like a rock when I'm lev'd.

Edit: FPS thing worked.
Last edited by Susanbanthony; 06-11-2012 at 11:12 PM..
Closed Thread