Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

If you offered to help as a guide or a dev, and they didn't reply, then maybe the problem is with you and not with them?

Retti brings up a good point though. Not to feed all the negativity that permeates these forums, but when the pop was doing well at ~180-200, that's the time when fixes should have been put in and new features should have been added (even if I think that some of these features, like YT, are kind of stupid/not that big a deal - if players really want them, then whatever). I think there's a mentality of, "oh the server pop is good, they're appeased and nothing more needs to be done", when the best way to help the server in the long term is to put in fixes when the pop is thriving. But keep in mind that the devs are overworked and it's very hard to find trustworthy people to help you, especially on the red server where the average IQ is only in the double digits.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 05-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not to feed all the negativity that permeates these forums, but...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Fire Giant

Yet another thread, bringing up a failing Red pop, that isn't clearly directed to the fucks that inhabit the server. The devs can't code rl retards, therefore your problem cant be fixed by Devs.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Banned

no, this is a thread about the differences between quality assurance and quality control

get w the program idiot
Old 05-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good post.
I personally think there's a lot that we as players on the server could do to help the pop out as well. It's easy to point the fingers at the devs, but I think that the nature of this server and the nature of trash talking, trolling, and griefing isn't conducive to the majority of people that play games. I played on VZ during live and altho it was a hardcore pvp/guild vs guild server, there was still a sense of community and a level of integrity. The amount of personal attacks, constant petitioning for bans, and shit talking alienates a lot of people that would otherwise continue to play on this server.
Yes.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Only so much devs can do.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good post.
I personally think there's a lot that we as players on the server could do to help the pop out as well. It's easy to point the fingers at the devs, but I think that the nature of this server and the nature of trash talking, trolling, and griefing isn't conducive to the majority of people that play games. I played on VZ during live and altho it was a hardcore pvp/guild vs guild server, there was still a sense of community and a level of integrity. The amount of personal attacks, constant petitioning for bans, and shit talking alienates a lot of people that would otherwise continue to play on this server.
Claiming shit talking is killing the server, meanwhile the guy is in nihilum. Has never really ever worked hard torwards anything on this server, took part in the 7 months unconsted farming which was triggered by a corrupt GM that banned the only competing guild.

Shit talking doesn't ruin peoples immersion, low level fungi/rogue twinks do. Also having some god damn integrity as a player will help playerbase. If you find yourself picking a side, stick to it and don't be a faggot who guildhops, if there's something people don't have these days it's time. There's absolutely no worse feeling then having spend time getting to know someone and helping them only to have them join the top ranking guild on the server and leave you in the dust. We are here to compete, this is not a job where you climb the corporate ladder until you can reach the highest pixel paycheck.

I play as i preech ******s, loyal to the very end
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Preaching wildly then misspelling the punchline, fuck
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:06 AM
Fire Giant

blaming nihilum for the state of the server is complete ignorance.

nice try tho
Old 05-15-2013, 02:08 AM
Fire Giant

7 months? try 17...
Closed Thread