Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Default 5 most hated games of all time.

the top5 thread got me thinking, list 5 of your most hated games you must have at least attempted to play it and preferably not poorly designed games/games that were pushed for release.

FF8 - played it for 20 minutes even though savarin raves about the story the gameplay was awful.
Tetris
Home alone
Mortal Kombat - loved being pushed into a corner and having people do the same move over and over not allowing you to even stand up
Legend of Legaia 2 - huge disapointment after playing the first one

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Banned

1: Fable.
First game I had ever returned in a long history of gaming. The glitch in the first dungeon that lets you hit max level that was glaringly obvious would be enough to get it on this list but it tops off because the "choose your destiny" amounted to picking cliched 'good' or 'evil' quests at the goddamn guildhall. Magic was also completely useless and the dialog was terrible.

This is the game that was advertised "If you liked Morrowind you'll love this"... I beat Fable in 6 hours. Fuck you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2: Anything by Square Enix after 1998.
Final Fantasy 8 was almost bearable if not for the fact that you had to play the game through this ass backwards number of hidden hoops in order to complete ANY of the special content. You needed to get lucky with mug on two specific one-time encounters to get one of the parts of the main character's ultimate weapon.

If that wasn't bad enough, right after that Square sold out to Disney with their shitty Kingdom Hearts franchise. The only thing worse then KH itself is the goddamn spergy fanbase. The rest of Square's legacy doesn't even need to be touched upon, I'll just mention Yuna Croft in passing...

3: Star Wars Battlefront.
The game was amazing on paper and pretty to look at in the commercial, then you realize it was only cut-scenes they were showing on the ads. The game in actuality was a big disappointment with too few environments and controls that made a fresh-release Skyrim look good.

4: Resident Evil Zero.
After the success of the amazing remake of the first Resident Evil game on the Gamecube they came up with this crap. It's not as much as the game was outright terrible but more about how bad it was after Capcom did so damn well not long before it. There are only so many ways to ruin an origin/prequel story (Prometheus anyone?) and they found a way.

5: Diablo 3.
Goes unsaid.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Aviak

the tenchu games outside the main storyline

vtmb for not having a sequel

shadow warrior for buying 3 copies of that pos only for same issue to prevent my progress. nerdrage.

darkfall! gdi, yes i bought the preorder. f my life.

duke nukem forever

alex the kid for cheating on rock paper scissors!
Old 07-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

5. Ecco the Dolphin
4. Final Fantasy 7
3. Pac Man 2: the new adventures
2. Kingdom Hearts 2
1. Ecco the Dolphin
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 07-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

1: Heroes of Might and Magic 4
2: Final Fantasy 8
3: ODT
4: Call of Duty MW2
5: Tomb Raider 2-through whatever
Old 07-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

games i wasnt happy with.

5. resident evil outbreak
4. quest 64
3. ff13x2 something or another? whenever the FF series turned into sailor moon dress up.
2. ghost and goblins
1. most mmos
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 07-04-2013 at 02:58 PM..
Old 07-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Diablo 1
Pit Fighter (especially for SNES)
Every modern indie game with a retro aesthetic
Journey (never played this, I just know)
World of Warcraft

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 07-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

surprised to see some of these, fable was...well at least it was a new idea. someone didn't like FF7!? I hated the ending and watched those stars for at least 20 minutes thinking no way did they just pan out before the meteor fell..

haha ghosts and goblins was so freaking hard we played it for days and ONCE we got past the second area lol.

also so glad im not the only one that hated FF8, and FF13 isn't even on my radar its so bad, of course 10 was pretty bad too the main character was such a puss and the battle system sucked some people liked the gridsphere but what a pain in the ass

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

I may or may not have gone on record as saying Diablo is the worst game ever made. Infinite clicking, minimal rewards, one of the first major terrible online communities. It spawned a legion of "me too" crappy clones that still manage to be popular to this day despite the fact that they're all the same, boring, ugly, monotonous game. It ruined action RPG's which prior to Diablo were among my favorite genre. Games like Secret of Mana and the Soul Blazer series have a special place in my heart. Diablo turned the genre into mindless hack and slash and it has yet to recover. It ruined action RPGs the same way WoW ruined MMOs and Blizzard might be my most hated developer in all of video games. The only reason Starcraft doesn't make my wall of shame is because outside a few very select games I don't have any affinity for the RTS genre.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 07-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Diablo 1 had issues no doubt, trying to pick up items was shit but it was kind of fun if youd never played that sort of game before.

Also, have you played seiken densetsu 3?

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread