Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Large Bat

Default New Solo Troll SK

I have a complete hard on for a troll SK. I have no interest in min/maxing. I will be grouping few and far between.

What would be the best starting stats for soloing efficiency? All STA? All INT? Or a mix of STA and INT? I've seen DEX thrown in the mix as well.

All input appreciated!
Old 03-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

You need only Sta as a SK. Do make sure that you have 75 Agi at least though or you will have a huge AC penalty.

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 03-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Considerations: If you're serious about mostly soloing, more INT will help you more than more STA will. Running out of mana in the middle of a fear-kite sucks. Come Velious you'll also cap STA much more quickly than INT as a Troll.

Danth
Old 03-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considerations: If you're serious about mostly soloing, more INT will help you more than more STA will. Running out of mana in the middle of a fear-kite sucks. Come Velious you'll also cap STA much more quickly than INT as a Troll.

Danth
Agreed, you'll need to refear/snare a couple of times most likely... not high mana cost spells (particularly if you're fearing undead), but more int would certainly help you.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

I too wanted a troll SK but the racial penalty rears its ugly head pretty hard, its brutal. Good luck to you though (seriously), not many pull off getting to 60 with that penalty.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

A point to note as well for anyone "putting it off til Velious", the hybrid penalty doesn't magic itself away on day 1, its patched in at some point later.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A point to note as well for anyone "putting it off til Velious", the hybrid penalty doesn't magic itself away on day 1, its patched in at some point later.
I just started my Iksar SK. Can't wait for dat plate armor. =P

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 03-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Large Bat

Thanks for the info everyone!

Just going to divide up the points and start wreaking havoc in the swamp.

Character's name is Kifo - see ya around!
Old 03-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Kobold

As someone who plays a troll sk and solod quite a bit, do NOT put points into INT. All points into STA, try to get AGI to 75 or suffer the ac penalty. STR gear comes easily, and unless I started a fear kite low on mana, I wasn't going to run out. You'll be medding up a fair bit between pulls and having the extra hp regen as a troll is invaluable. More INT would help, but not nearly as much as having more hp, cuz mobs are going to break fear and you're going to want to survive it. Also, there's plenty of gear with INT on it later on. I was very poorly geared during much of my soloing and the extra hp was more important to me than any other stat, both for survivability and efficiency.
Last edited by Shaakglith12194; 03-09-2014 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: forgot couple words
Old 03-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Keep in mind INT is a pretty stupid stat for most classes across the board. It doesn't increase your mana regeneration, only your maximum mana pool. Useful for classes that need to swarm kite, or who are constantly spiking their mana from 100-0 and need a certain mana pool to accomplish certain tasks.

What INT does not do is help you keep up with a certain rate of killing/sustained mana expenditure, which is the important consideration for an SK. If you are blowing your entire mana bar on one fear kite, you should be leveling off something else or re-examining your tactics.

Put those points in stamina, and consider possibly putting 2 points into AGI so that the -10 from fungi tunic does not drop you below 75 in the absence of other agility bonuses.
Closed Thread