Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Default Can someone explain the appeal of Blue servers? Really.

I get it. More than 75% of players on p99 play on blue and it is represented similarly on most other games that offer pve and pvp servers. I have trouble understand what the point is playing a Multiplayer game where you can't attack each other. What is the point of freaking out over pixils on p99? is it just so you score bigger #s on NPC AI? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE raiding. I think killing NPC dragons can be fun, to an extent. For me the fun is knowing that Dragon loot I got is going to help me destroy that asshole who was pissing me off yesterday.....because im playing a game with other people.

What do you do to someone who pisses you off, you don't like or is griefing other players? Is pvp on Blue like petition quest? I just dont understand what the loot race is all about when you cant even use your loot against other players.

Will someone please explain to me why I am in the minority and obviously crazy for thinking this way?
Old 10-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Aviak

the appeal is that unlike red, not everyone on blue is a miserable fucker.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgyK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the appeal is that unlike red, not everyone on blue is a miserable fucker.
I would disagree. I have discovered many miserable people on blue which is why this thread even exists. WTF is there to be miserable about on Blue. You are killing only stupid AI. Nobody with a brain can challenge you on blue.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Yea I dunno, why do people play football when they can just stab the other team to death? Same goes for poker. We should go back to the wild west style where you blast the other guy when you lose. Because it's not about playing poker, that shit is boring, it's about destroying assholes.

good point bro
Old 10-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I dunno, why do people play football when they can just stab the other team to death? Same goes for poker. We should go back to the wild west style where you blast the other guy when you lose. Because it's not about playing poker, that shit is boring, it's about destroying assholes.

good point bro
Don't apply to law school, you would fail. Your analogies are so far off track. Both football and poker would be considered pvp style games/sports. You are playing versus other human beings of similar capability.

Playing on Blue is like teaming up with your friends to play ping pong against a backstop.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

I'd hardly call it petition quest, but that does happen. The GMs are pretty good about letting players resolve issues themselves on blue. People that grief are usually just really bad at the game, so they can easily be out-griefed in return.

There's also a lot of healthy competition between players on blue - people compete for FFA spawns and for camps in dungeons. Sometimes it can turn into a clusterfuck, but I've very rarely seen a GM actually have to step in and do anything.

EQ is just too imbalanced to allow for a sane PvP environment.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd hardly call it petition quest, but that does happen. The GMs are pretty good about letting players resolve issues themselves on blue. People that grief are usually just really bad at the game, so they can easily be out-griefed in return.

There's also a lot of healthy competition between players on blue - people compete for FFA spawns and for camps in dungeons. Sometimes it can turn into a clusterfuck, but I've very rarely seen a GM actually have to step in and do anything.

EQ is just too imbalanced to allow for a sane PvP environment.
Its the imbalance that brings me to EQPVP. In WoW, as an example they have gone out of their way to make the classes balanced to where it almost doesn't matter what you play because every class can heal, tank and heal in some way with the exception of a few classes.

In EQ PVP your class role is very defined. Sure some classes are better at pvp than others. Shouldn't it be that way? Isn't that what it would be like in a realish fantasy world?
Old 10-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

The mobs have better social skills / more fun to interact with than red player base.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The mobs have better social skills / more fun to interact with than red player base.
Cookie for you sir. Touche.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk00ba5t3v3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In EQ PVP your class role is very defined. Sure some classes are better at pvp than others. Shouldn't it be that way? Isn't that what it would be like in a realish fantasy world?
So, you want a challenge, you don't want to play ping-pong against a backstop, but you don't want too much of a challenge? Right?

Basically, you want to dominate a one-armed kid at ping-pong and then tell him he's a faggot? Right? Maybe tea-bag his corpse a few times?

I can dig that. I feelz ya. Rolling on Red ASAP. Time to get my balls wet. No homo, ofc.
Closed Thread