Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 04:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello Redpals, this ones important, youre going to want to read all of it.

As you guys may have noticed, for a while now, the red server has been getting a lot more staff attention, both from the csr side and the dev side. These things have been happening because you guys are all trying to run your guilds in ways that are favorable to server growth, and the staff sees that (granted, some guilds have different mindsets and/or goals, at least in my personal opinion), but for the server to continue to grow and stay healthy, both the staff and the players will need to continue to make an effort, and will need to continue to work together and listen to each other . The red server can not be a lil row boat that is kicked out to sea to be left on its own.
This server has flourished more in the wild wild west era than ever before, staff intervention and adding rules has only deterred population here. Especially when no one is ever told what they are banned or suspended for lol, how can you expect people to follow the rules when they never know what rules they broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tomorrow i will begin pestering Rogean for a new red forum that will be readable to all but posting would be limited to select guild leaders on Red99. it would serve as a place for healthy discussion, not insults or rnf BS. it would be a place the staff and devs could quickly look to see how the server was going, and to get suggestions from, and brainstorm with players on whats best for the server moving forward into the future.
I don't think that certain players chosen by GM's should be given VIP status, that to me sounds like blatant favoritism. Why should some players be allowed more influence on the server than others?

Quote:
Red99 is no longer the wild west. i have been spending a lot more time on red, both observing and chatting with players to get a better feel for the terrain. soon we will begin training new guides on both servers, and there should be near around the clock staff presence on red.
Why do you want to step in now when the server is thriving all on it's own. Last time i saw a Gm intervene on a raid they death touched 20 members of the wrong guild when the other guild was the LNS offenders. I think these quick and rash decisions made from shooting from the hip rule enforcement, are more of a deterrent to playing here than any of the lax rule enforcement.

If you removed training, play nice policy, and LNS rules this server would thrive even more because although some players might suffer, at-least we wouldn't have 20 people banned a month with no clue why they were banned.

Quote:
There is no magical wand that can be waved to just make everybody start playing nice, to eliminate the dumb shit that happens both in game and out of game. Im sure ive told most of the GLs that they can always message me before shit goes down just to have me there ahead of time in case somebody tries something. and if nothing happens then A+, but if something does happen, id be there. however, i can not be everywhere at the same time, and in some dungeons its very hard to see everybody at the same time when youre all spread out, which is why i strongly suggest guilds to have someone running fraps.

moving forward, all raid disputes will be submitted by one guild representative and will include any and all fraps/SSs/logs (feel free to include times of interest from the video in the petition so i know what im looking at). You will only have 7 days to submit a raid dispute to the petition forum, after that it will be considered null and void. my decisions on these disputes will be final, and i will not listen to any appeals after my decision has been made (and in return i ask that you are patient with these petitions as i will not be rushing through them, and they may have to sit a little while until i have the time to sift through them, or bring in other staff for second opinions as needed).

Furthermore, as of the time i send out this message, we will absolutely be holding Guild Leaders accountable for the actions of their members, and so i strongly suggest getting leashes on some of them dogs. Now i know sometimes unintended things happen, and i dont expect any of you to have to walk on egg shells. just know if your people's actions are shitty enough, or disruptive enough, i will be punishing your accounts along with whatever other punishments come out on the guild as a whole. The first set of these guild suspensions has already gone out today.

i hope you all know that i respect all of you, and that i'm only being hard because i care and want to send a very direct message. Again, i will be as available as possible, so when you know a raid mob is gonna be contested, let me know, and ill try to be there. i very much look forward to working with all of you fine redpals towards a healthy and prosperous Red99!

<3
Sirks
This isn't blue people who want to kill each other cant play nice stop treating the server like blue 2 and you will have a 3x the pop u do now. Sullon had no rules, sullon had the highest pop of any pvp server. Staff went away, server pop has never been higher. Staff should only deal with things like MQ use hacks, exploits, etc etc Anything else is a waste of staff and player's time and a deterrent to pop. And I guarantee any staff influence to ensure we all play nice on red will lower pop just as it always has.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server has flourished more in the wild wild west era than ever before, staff intervention and adding rules has only deterred population here. Especially when no one is ever told what they are banned or suspended for lol, how can you expect people to follow the rules when they never know what rules they broke.
Pop has surged because a couple of guilds started handholding people new to server and decided to take the time to explain things to new people...not only new to red but to EQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think that certain players chosen by GM's should be given VIP status, that to me sounds like blatant favoritism. Why should some players be allowed more influence on the server than others?
Because as guild leaders they already have more influence than anyone else. Most other people would chime in just to screw up/derail the threads.

Quote:
Why do you want to step in now when the server is thriving all on it's own. Last time i saw a Gm intervene on a raid they death touched 20 members of the wrong guild when the other guild was the LNS offenders. I think these quick and rash decisions made from shooting from the hip rule enforcement, are more of a deterrent to playing here than any of the lax rule enforcement.
It's holding it's own and that's more due to guild policies and helpfulness than anything else. The toxics have tried even harder lately to flush population and keep people from enjoying red.

Quote:
If you removed training, play nice policy, and LNS rules this server would thrive even more because although some players might suffer, at-least we wouldn't have 20 people banned a month with no clue why they were banned.
Without rules against training and LnS protections the server would die. Period. Especially with Velious on the horizon and the complete chaos that would ensue.

Quote:
This isn't blue people who want to kill each other cant play nice stop treating the server like blue 2 and you will have a 3x the pop u do now. Sullon had no rules, sullon had the highest pop of any pvp server. Staff went away, server pop has never been higher. Staff should only deal with things like MQ use hacks, exploits, etc etc Anything else is a waste of staff and player's time and a deterrent to pop. And I guarantee any staff influence to ensure we all play nice on red will lower pop just as it always has.
Sullon drew ALL the toxics that couldn't play anywhere else to one server, along with a few of us that were so masochistic we had to play goodies, even. The only thing increased GM involvement will do will to be that people who have "fun" by ruining others' play will have less avenues of doing so.

What some people call "red" and "pvp" is just ruining other people's play. It has nothing to do with zone control, contesting, or anything else that is even remotely pvp.

Rallos had the right idea...not Sullon. Sullon style play is not appropriate for R99.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sullon had no rules, sullon had the highest pop of any pvp server.
SZ had the lowest pop of any PVP server actually.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:02 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pop has surged because a couple of guilds started handholding people new to server and decided to take the time to explain things to new people...not only new to red but to EQ.

Because as guild leaders they already have more influence than anyone else. Most other people would chime in just to screw up/derail the threads.

It's holding it's own and that's more due to guild policies and helpfulness than anything else. The toxics have tried even harder lately to flush population and keep people from enjoying red.

Without rules against training and LnS protections the server would die. Period. Especially with Velious on the horizon and the complete chaos that would ensue.

Sullon drew ALL the toxics that couldn't play anywhere else to one server, along with a few of us that were so masochistic we had to play goodies, even. The only thing increased GM involvement will do will to be that people who have "fun" by ruining others' play will have less avenues of doing so.

What some people call "red" and "pvp" is just ruining other people's play. It has nothing to do with zone control, contesting, or anything else that is even remotely pvp.

Rallos had the right idea...not Sullon. Sullon style play is not appropriate for R99.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 01-20-2015, 05:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SZ had the lowest pop of any PVP server actually.
We have established you are an idiot stop posting Sullon pre POP had highest pop of any pvp server stop posting pls your fail to right factor is the worst in forum history.
Last edited by Swyft; 01-20-2015 at 05:19 AM..
Old 01-20-2015, 05:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
So Sirken you believe that Holocaust is the cause of the server influx??

Ok answer me one question Sirken, whats the point of having a higher population on a pvp server if there is no pvp?

Is a higher population a fair trade off for a one server guild? Are you really getting more players on Red when you're are simply trading players from blue? That's like emptying the left hand to fill the right, the goal is more players to the project not to steal them from the other project.

What's the point of a red server if you simply wish to end pvp to raise the pop? Isn't that essentially making another blue server?

So what your saying is if we want to kill players we have no future here because that will make players frowny face, so you are essentially against all pvp because killing players is toxic?

Meanwhile Holocaust is responsible for more bindcamping, griefing and lns violations than 20x any other guild on server.

http://r99pvp.com/showplayer.php?p=Colgate&ks=6

Clearly Holo leadership is one of those non toxics your are talking about sirken can;t wait to see the wonderful impartial things you cook up for the server with those clearly healthy individuals.
Last edited by Swyft; 01-20-2015 at 05:24 AM..
Old 01-20-2015, 05:29 AM
Planar Protector

Still enjoying the wild west analogy, was a good one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 01-20-2015, 05:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still enjoying the wild west analogy, was a good one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Syftradamus prediction pop about to take a nosedive after new play nice polices.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Syftradamus prediction pop about to take a nosedive after new play nice polices.
Are you saying we got a bad sheriff?!
Old 01-20-2015, 06:27 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
So Sirken you believe that Holocaust is the cause of the server influx??

Ok answer me one question Sirken, whats the point of having a higher population on a pvp server if there is no pvp?

Is a higher population a fair trade off for a one server guild? Are you really getting more players on Red when you're are simply trading players from blue? That's like emptying the left hand to fill the right, the goal is more players to the project not to steal them from the other project.

What's the point of a red server if you simply wish to end pvp to raise the pop? Isn't that essentially making another blue server?

So what your saying is if we want to kill players we have no future here because that will make players frowny face, so you are essentially against all pvp because killing players is toxic?

Meanwhile Holocaust is responsible for more bindcamping, griefing and lns violations than 20x any other guild on server.

http://r99pvp.com/showplayer.php?p=Colgate&ks=6

Clearly Holo leadership is one of those non toxics your are talking about sirken can;t wait to see the wonderful impartial things you cook up for the server with those clearly healthy individuals.
you cant actually be this dense. higher pop = more targets. how the hell are u having fun killing the same few dozen people over and over again? more people = more guilds = more competition = more pvp for everyone.

i think what you're actually looking for is this brand new game called, call of duty. you can log in, merk some nerds, run your mouth, and act like an overall piece of shit all you want. but thats not what we we're hosting here.

not sure where your getting the "i want to end pvp" or "if u want to kill people, you have no future here" garbage from. if anything, i have always promoted pvp, what i don't promote is training, bindcamping, and running people off the server. id rather ban 1 piece of shit and be rid of that player, than let that same piece of shit run 10 players off the server. but seeing as you played on sullon zek, i can understand how your perception of what pvp actually is could be skewed for the worst. and to be honest, i feel sorry for you because you missed out.

oh, and if HC is doing all these things, wheres the proof? just because they dont run immediately to the forums crying about being suspended and broadcasting it to everyone (the way i assume you would), doesnt mean they dont eat suspensions. when petitions come in, they are reviewed and dealt with. to be honest i see more players trying to bait folks into LNS traps to get someone banned, than i see actual LNS violations.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Closed Thread