Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Default Well that about wraps it up (Long)

I'm afraid I have to do this, as it gives me a sense of closure, plus hey it gives you guys sometime to mock. I'll try to keep this short, but fuck, we're talking 5 years of hard playing here, so gots to say my goodbyes.

I started on day two of red99, my first emu, with some friends that dragged me over from Rift. I spent most of my time pvping there and was pretty happy just trying out new builds and doing warzones/battlegrounds as a rogue or healer. On Red99 I played a cleric named Malevz, and I enjoyed oldworld immensely, mostly running around with the other two <Piranhas on Land>. I spent a lot of time helping and buffing newbs. Gave away a lot of gear, including three rubicite BPs. I did my best to try to make the server a good place, much like liveEQ. Eventually Supreme got me into Nihilum, and it was a good time, our first trak kill in old world gear was with like 24, and first VP kills were with like 30 people, which was pretty impressive to me. I played a cleric when we needed, an SKs main, and even soloed up a rogue when the server was entirely dead, as we needed rogues more than SK's. I took a fair number of breaks because most people took the game pretty seriously, and it wore on me. I don't get off on the toxic environment as many of the people seem to.

Post Nihilum I played in a few smaller guilds most not worth mentioning, until <Blaze> was absorbed by Empire (Holocaust). I assume Empire was the new Nihilum, and all the old toxic people would be back. Instead I found a whole new team, and I enjoyed enough to stick around for a while. Eventually switching to my last char, bard, as we needed bards more than warriors. In February my GF was in a car accident, and saw one of her friends die, and I took some time off to spend with her, this got two birds stoned at once, as she needed me, and she hated EQ.

During my break I picked up Skyforge, which she loves, and I've had a lot of fun with, so we stuck with it. I logged into Red99 once after that, and the toxic ooc/drama/junk, I realized what I had known all along, this wasn't the place for me, and never was. So in the end I was glad to hear Empire woke the sleeper and as Gongshow put it, 'dropped the mic'. Last night I sat down with a glass of 21 year old Glen Livet, though about the game and the last 4-5 years, and smiled, then uninstalled. It was a good ending, I couldn't have asked for better.

When I started on this server my main goal in life was to drink and party, do as much coke as possible, and spend my time in as many strip clubs as possible. In my time here I bought a home, paid off $35,000 in debt and built a damn fine life for myself. Red99 no longer has a place in my life, even if it wasn't such a cesspool.

Time to roll the credits:

Ledbedder: Some of my best times in game were just hanging with you in lguk, and duoing. Playing in a 3 person guild with you and Dingus (original) were the best times I had in game. Just hanging out in oldworld. I wish you luck sir.

Nizzar: If you ever read this I enjoyed being guilded with you, and you were a hell of a leader. I would have never stuck it out so long without you at the helm. I hope somewhere you are eating at the poutine barrel of glory.

Arzak: You're good people, cared about the server a bit too much, but not the typical red99 deadender. I enjoyed our time leveling up on the mean streets of CoM.

Rettiwalk: What can I say man, I've known you since the beginning. I am sorry about what I said about your kid, I apologized right after because it was out of character for me, and it was a shitty thing to say. Sometimes the server gets the better (or worse) of all of us.

Tune: I enjoyed having you as a guild officer. I knew you hated me, I didn't have an issue with that, but you made me laugh. You were always so chill and easy going, and you play a fine bard. Keep lifting bro!

Dekedenz (Rhythm): I can't believe after like what 8 years in Defiant we ended up on the same team again. Easily the funniest guy with the sharpest wit that Nihilum had to offer.

Gream: You're always welcome to PM me to bullshit. You played a fine rogue, and was glad to be on the same team.

Gongshow: Holocaust/Empire brought me back from casual part timer to full timer again. One of the most chill guys I've met in game, and a pleasure to be guilded with. I wish you luck sir. Wherever I am, on Thursday I still think... it's vacuum day at Gongshows house. Also, go Pens! It's funny to think about riding that first boat to Velious after years of listening to Nihilum talk about it. And in the end there were only like 4 of us (Feen, me, Dava, and you) that made it. I was thinking about how it was the start of a great new EQ adventure, and it turned out to be the end of EQ, and on to new things.

Colgate: Truly you are the grandmaster. In Nihilum you were a great enemy, and you came back to help lead the greatest guild in server history to victory. It's a pleasure to watch you PvP, you are a machine, I wish you luck where-ever you go.

Cyren: Hilarious, was sad to see you leave Empire. I was never the same without you. You could make anything funny, just the way you talked sometimes made me laugh.

Omai/Fistlin/all of TeamNecro: I can't remember everyone's name, but it was a great day when I discovered necros were much more low maintenance for bards to group. I was glad to spend several hours a night twisting manasong for TeamNecro.

Checkraise: We had our ups and downs, but you were a force on the server, and I enjoyed being guilded with you. I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Feen: if you ever come to Vancouver I'm taking you to get hammered. I'll never forget you playing on the train on your laptop in Canada, and hearing the scrambling as I started to discuss your diarrhea, and yelling AKBAR ALLAH.

Gaping: Vancouver rogues forever.

Dava/Leluyn/teamBard: It was good times. I was glad to be part of it.

Gyno: you were always a force, and made me laugh. I can't see a can of sausages without thinking of you.

Speeddsz: Comparing chaturbate channels with you and bullshitting got me through the last few months. I'll always remember you as the one crushing ToW in BoT for hours on end though, good times.

Incognito: great guildie, great guy. I wish you the best sir, Legion of Cabilis forever.

Chuckslaw: I think I speak for the whole server when I say the number one question on everyone's mind is "What is next for Chuckslaw?" Will he continue to be a dominant driving force on the server? Will he ride off in search of greener pastures? People need to know!

Fandango: also hilarious. I wish you the best sir, and if they ever send you to jail hit me up, and I will send you some commissary. Seriously stay out of shit bro.

Salaryman: Greatest erudite paladin ever.

Letsjoe: Cryosilk Cap 2013, never forget. It never bothered me you hide your love for me behind a shield of hostility. The fact that you loved me so much, even though I'm a shitty player, made it all worthwhile.

Admin: thanks for the work you put in, it's a free project and you did more pvp work than Sony/Verant did with live. I loved Thursday night fights.

Red99 gave me a place to relive vallon, while it wasn't the same community, you did good with the community as it is.

After 5 years I'm sure there's dozens more people, Ordaga, Mellowyellow, Fattire, Supreme, Bush... I could probably name off 100 people who influenced my time here in a good way. Some of them may not even hate me. But I'm bored now.

Thank you for my time here. This was my first and last emu. I suspect many of you will be here for years to come, and the next emu after that, still

fighting this fight. Lastly I'd simply like to say, you're playing an MMO with each other, try not to be such assholes.

Sincerely,
Malevz, Raze, Wolfe, Xash and Valtiel of <Defiant> <Piranhas on Land> <Blaze> and <Empire>

PS. You may now start the "can I have your stuff" and usually trolling crap. I don't read replies, I'm just here to say what I had to say. It's been real. I shall raise a glass to the server tonight, and remember our time together fondly.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Banned

can i have your stuff?
Old 04-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

IM STILL HERE BRO. I NEVER LEFT THE FOURMS KEK
Old 04-22-2016, 01:55 PM
Banned

I was in PoL with Malvz, Ledbedd3r, and Itchy. I forgive you.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:04 PM
Banned

dont sell your stuff and come back when you want a break from the tussle of irl down the road.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

jesus fucking wept

get a grip
Old 04-22-2016, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Lol faggot
Old 04-22-2016, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jesus fucking wept

get a grip
Old 04-22-2016, 03:11 PM
Banned

cringed
Old 04-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Banned

in my 5 years of playing here I've gained 150 pounds of pure fat, became addicted to pills, broke my legs when I tried to stand, lost my penis to my stomach, walked a mile, and bought a real doll that I commit heinous acts of domestic abuse on (fuck u Brenda)
Closed Thread