Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 03:14 AM
Kobold

Default Can someone please start a new pvp server

Why can't someone just start a new legit pvp server? The community of Dead99 has spoken and we want a wipe but P99 won't wipe it clean so we have to take matters into our own hands now.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

Because it takes years of work by dedicated and talented personnel to construct the database and software needed to run a P99 server.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:01 AM
Planar Protector

Wipe it clean 2018!
Bring in a leader board. Wipe red every year
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:22 AM
Banned

lets crowdfund a couple of btc and send rogean paying him for the source+database

i can indefinitely host red99 free of charge on powerful equipment and unlimited bandwidth... will give root access to whomever wants to run the show, dmca notices from daybreak llc will be sent directly to the trashcan
Old 01-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

I actually downloaded all of the stuff from EQEMU to get started, and I was blown away by how easy they made it to start your own server.

Unfortunately my programming expertise is severely lacking in the database department so I gave up on whatever pointless goal I had in mind
Old 01-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah p99 has the best code and rogainz gets it. Really eq is not for us who want to come in tornado through content while talking shit and killing each other. It's for the blue fucks who sit back and socialize through games like my good pal skarlon. After hanging on for a few years after that awesome classic experience, I came to the realization "why?"

Hope this helps.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Banned

Would be nice if mods here started banning and or locking, wipe it clean threads.

No wipe kid, make a char or go play on another premier everquest emu
Old 01-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lets crowdfund a couple of btc and send rogean paying him for the source+database

i can indefinitely host red99 free of charge on powerful equipment and unlimited bandwidth... will give root access to whomever wants to run the show, dmca notices from daybreak llc will be sent directly to the trashcan
would never play on any of your private emu's, ive seen all the trash box's hosted here with so much corruption. Gtfo
Old 01-05-2018, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be nice if mods here started banning and or locking, wipe it clean threads.

No wipe kid, make a char or go play on another premier everquest emu
Can GMs ban this spaz that cries about every wipe it clean thread?

This forum is dedicated to wiping the server now. If you want to talk about current Red99 go fuck off back to in game /ooc. Can you imagine posting on a forum for a topic you don't even participate in? Pathetic.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would never play on any of your private emu's, ive seen all the trash box's hosted here with so much corruption. Gtfo
other boxes are so corrupt.

speaking of DBs I know Salty has the VZTZ DB.

however since P99 the VZTZ DB isn't really all that. There were several failed attempts to run a box based off the VZTZ DB that went nowhere.

No idea why you all play the corrupt Zek DB but shunned the VZTZ DB servers.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread