Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 12:39 PM
Kobold

Wow Jibartik this is some cool stuff! I've been wanting to do something like this. What are you running in? Unity? Unreal?
Old 07-10-2020, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you give him a cool staff with glowing bits?
yeah he needs a good gnarled wizard staff, and a beard! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow Jibartik this is some cool stuff! I've been wanting to do something like this. What are you running in? Unity? Unreal?
Thanks! Im using Unreal! I tried both but I like the way unreal works it feels a bit idk I just like it.

There is a project in Unity called lanternEQ they are smarter than me and exporting like all the animations and stuff. Im using an older one and I have trouble with it cus its very confusing. There is another guy named Gnawl doing eVeRquest (a VR) version, and its awesome and he has a forum account with us but doesn't post here much hehe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But his little corner is looking so cool!

If you search for lantern EQ you should be able to get a lot of info on extracting EQ models and stuff, personally I think it's about to become a new popular hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] lantern really kind of opened the floodgates with some of the tools they pushed last year.

There's a big EqEMU community, but it ahs a steep learning curve and I think with these new exports and tools and knowledge, eq modding is becoming way more accessible!

Lantern is using Unity though, if you're trying to decide what you want to learn. Sometimes I think I should do Unity because I fully expect there to be an opensource sandbox toolset, nav, ai, and combat system they publish in unity for people to go hog wild with eventually.
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-10-2020 at 01:01 PM..
Old 07-10-2020, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

I just wanted to post awesome images that inspire me to try to make new everquest art because I bet you all agree it'd be amazing to play in these worlds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 07-10-2020, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or was this more like what you were after https://i.imgur.com/rjVHqql.mp4 click for mustache soundtrack.

For the first time someone has completed Everquest.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the first time someone has completed Everquest.
You wanna know what will make you sad? this almost made it into the initial release.

Here's the unused original polys:

Old 07-10-2020, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

That is a thing of beauty. Just needs the brim, as you added... and maybe some polygons on the chin for a beard!
Old 07-27-2020, 01:34 AM
Kobold

Jibartik you inspired me to fiddle with things again. I started cleaning up the human character model. animated gif ->https://i.imgur.com/xL5k6c1.mp4
Old 07-27-2020, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

HEEy niice!!! I love the hair, have you ever tried making like, hair with an alpha channel? that might be fun to add to this! looks awesome!
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-27-2020 at 02:57 AM..
Old 07-27-2020, 02:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HEEy niice!!! I love the hair, have you ever tried making like, hair with an alpha channel? that might be fun to add to this! looks awesome!
I've made attempts to do hair cards in the past but it's a pain. I just want to have fun with this project so who knows if I'll try it on this dude or not.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Great work, Zukan!

Jib, I'm gonna start referring to my receding hairline and bald spot as my hair's alpha channel. Sounds bad ass! Never stop your artistic endeavours!
Closed Thread