Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 10:55 AM
Kobold

Question Why play on green instead of blue?

Crystal Chitin Gauntlets on blue = 300pp
Crystal Chitin Gauntlets on green = 1500pp
Treants on blue and green = 50 - 150 gold

What are the benefits of playing on a server where you spend 5 times longer working for the exact same item?
Old 11-27-2021, 11:01 AM
Banned

do you really need a super super cheep crystal chitin gauntlets (ever??)? ask yourself this or would you rather just have more ppl around? even if just to talk to while you practice conjuration?
Old 11-27-2021, 11:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do you really need a super super cheep crystal chitin gauntlets (ever??)? ask yourself this or would you rather just have more ppl around? even if just to talk to while you practice conjuration?
The benefit of grinding 5 hours instead of 1 is more people?
Old 11-27-2021, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

At this stage I don't think there's much point starting on Green tbf, only a few months left of the classic lifecycle to go. Not only is stuff cheaper on Blue but you also get pet window, hotkeys 6-10, blue XP bar. Population on Green is slightly higher but not massively so.
Old 11-27-2021, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crystal Chitin Gauntlets on blue = 300pp
Crystal Chitin Gauntlets on green = 1500pp
Treants on blue and green = 50 - 150 gold

What are the benefits of playing on a server where you spend 5 times longer working for the exact same item?
Sounds like it is much better to be the CCG vendor on green.
Old 11-27-2021, 12:42 PM
Banned

SCHW on green - 3k

SCHW on blue - 400

I play on Green but refuse to pay 3x+ the blue price of items. So my method has been to just save and hoard pp in case they do merge to blue (which I actually don’t want due to too many people at the top end at that point)

The most expensive thing I’ve bought on green was jboots mq 5k same price as blue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-27-2021, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

My own experience of velks (admittedly blue) is SCHW rot fairly often as they are lore. Wait at the camp (bound to be being soloed) and offer to buy the rot (or even ask for it on pity). If they switch to loot on an alt then just take the camp and kill/loot your own. Bish bosh bash.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SCHW on green - 3k

SCHW on blue - 400

I play on Green but refuse to pay 3x+ the blue price of items. So my method has been to just save and hoard pp in case they do merge to blue (which I actually don’t want due to too many people at the top end at that point)

The most expensive thing I’ve bought on green was jboots mq 5k same price as blue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No problem with twooo many ppel at the top if they are all vanity geared winners and there is a fresh nudie nilla server :P with all the bugfixxes!
Old 11-27-2021, 02:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SCHW on green - 3k

SCHW on blue - 400

That's 7 x the price!

You have to sit at treants 7 x longer to buy SCHW on green and then after you've purchased them you have no idea if their market price will plummet.

I guess the low value PP on green is irrelevant if you're going to do things the way it was intended which is to loot as you go and progress naturally rather than buy twink items in EC tunnel.
Old 11-27-2021, 03:51 PM
Banned

What is an schw?
Closed Thread