View Poll Results: Merge Green with Blue
Yes 224 68.92%
No 101 31.08%
Voters: 325. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make a new server, spread the pop out.
You do understand that's guaranteed to happen either way, right? The question isn't about the new server, it's about what to do with the characters on the old one.

And it seems obvious to me: everyone who doesn't want their character at the end of Green, when it merges into Blue can ... delete their character! Problem solved, and everyone gets what they want [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now stop trying to grief all the people who do want their character to stick around.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do understand that's guaranteed to happen either way, right? The question isn't about the new server, it's about what to do with the characters on the old one.

And it seems obvious to me: everyone who doesn't want their character at the end of Green can delete it, and stop trying to grief all the people who do want their character to stick around.
Yea I put a decent amount of time farming money and getting to almost level 51 now. It’s slower for me cause I’m stupid

I was never told it was temporary. If I ever wanted to try to beg my way into a welfare raid at some future point, the idea of moving to a super top end heavy server (people will just play both they won’t leave blue), with all Blue’s bullshit drama doesn’t sound appealing at all. I’d rather there be so few players at top end people are actually asking me to raid, not wondering about how they can lawyer their way into some welfare pixels
Old 11-28-2021, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I ever wanted to try to beg my way into a welfare raid at some future point, the idea of moving to a super top end heavy server (people will just play both they won’t leave blue), with all Blue’s bullshit drama doesn’t sound appealing at all. I’d rather there be so few players at top end people are actually asking me to raid, not wondering about how they can lawyer their way into some welfare pixels
Right, but there is no magic server with people begging for high-end raiders: it doesn't exist (although it will, someday: Green 2.0 ... but again, that's happening regardlesss). The actual, real-world alternative to what you described is ... to never playing again.

So between something that might be fun, someday, and a guarantee of no fun with that character ever again, you choose ... guaranteed no fun?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-28-2021 at 08:47 PM..
Old 11-28-2021, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, but there is no magic server with people begging for high-end raiders: it doesn't exist. The actual, real-world alternative to what you described is ... to never playing again.

So between something that might be fun, someday, and a guarantee of no fun with that character ever again, you choose ... guaranteed no fun?
If I was max level on red sounds like they’d ask me to raid. So more people than that, but less than blue. People will play blue and green at the same time, I don’t think opening a new green does much to blue, especially not it’s top end
Old 11-28-2021, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

But Green is not merging into Red: that's not on the table. So again, you're choosing between non-existent options, the option of "never play my character ever again", or ... merging them to Blue.

Old 11-28-2021, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
But Green is not merging into Red: that's not on the table. So again, you're choosing between non-existent options, the option of "never play my character ever again", or ... merging them to Blue.
This isn’t rocket science. Dont merge anything, make a new server. Call it teal or puke green or raspberry for all I care. 3 servers. Spread out population at high end
Old 11-28-2021, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This isn’t rocket science. Dont merge anything, make a new server. Call it teal or puke green or raspberry for all I care. 3 servers. Spread out population at high end
And then when Green 2.0 finishes make another, and then another? Again, not an option: daddy Rogean doesn't have infinite cash (not to mention infinite volunteer staff time) to run a million servers, and they've made this clear.

You can keep picking options that don't actually exist all you want ... but it seems kind of pointless to me: you're basically just saying you have no opinion on the actual options. Or, you can accept the reality that the staff has limited resources, which means limited servers ... and accept that the ONLY place your character can go after Green is to Blue (or the garbage bin).

Old 11-28-2021, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
And then when Green 2.0 finishes make another, and then another? Again, not an option: daddy Rogean doesn't have infinite cash (not to mention infinite volunteer staff time) to run a million servers, and they've made this clear.

You can keep picking options that don't actually exist all you want ... but it's kind pointless. Or you can accept the reality that the staff has limited resources, which means limited resources, and accept that the ONLY place your character can go after Green is to Blue.
No you look at the average population of the 3 servers to decide to merge or not. If it’s red levels, it’s dead, merge it. If not, leave it alone. How long until they have to worry about that? Like 4+ years?
Old 11-28-2021, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No you look at the average population of the 3 servers to decide to merge or not. If it’s red levels, it’s dead, merge it. If not, leave it alone. How long until they have to worry about that? Like 4+ years?
Look in the upper-left corner: see where it says "Project 1999, Classic EverQuest"? That's the goal of this entire place. It's like a museum (or shrine, or both) to EverQuest, and the goal is to let people experience this great game.

The game in '99 had both PvP and Non-PvP versions, so the staff similarly has both here. But again, they don't have separate Rallos/Sullon Zek servers (even though live did), because they don't have the resources (and also there aren't enough players).

So they maintain Red regardless of its population because without it they can't be the museum they want to be. But again, that does not mean they even can keep adding servers, and again I don't think it's just a money thing: it's also a volunteer staff time thing.

Do you have ten people ready to volunteer to GM this new unclassic Green 1.0 server? If not, stop expecting Rogean to pull them out of some magic bag for you, because it won't happen.

Last edited by loramin; 11-28-2021 at 09:00 PM..
Old 11-28-2021, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Look in the upper-left corner: see where it says "Project 1999, Classic EverQuest"? That's the goal of this entire place. It's like a museum (or shrine, or both) to EverQuest, and the goal is to let people experience this great game.

The game in '99 had both PvP and Non-PvP versions, so the staff similarly has both here. But again, they don't have separate Rallos/Sullon Zek servers (even though live did), because they don't have the resources (and also there aren't enough players).

So they maintain Red regardless of its population because without it they can't be the museum they want to be. But again, that does not mean they even can keep adding servers, and again it's not just a money thing: it's a volunteer staff time thing.

Do you have ten people ready to volunteer to GM this new unclassic Green 1.0 server? If not, stop expecting Rogean to pull them out of some magic bag for you, because it won't happen.
Here you go, I solved it. Make 1 new server, call it the TLP or whatever. Let everyone know ahead of time that it resets at the end of the life cycle

Then leave it green, blue, red, and TLP. 4 servers. Ask for more people to step and and slightly more donations if needed

Solved
Closed Thread