Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 10:17 AM
Aviak

Default Need a ruling

Im play a lv54 dru at green,my name is Sephirosdr.
Im do Forager Cycle just now,and Dreadlord Fanrik is up.
AS a dru is hard to kill it,so im waiting my friend.
When we are buff,a lv60 nec named Venpunch<Seal Team> coming,and killed Dreadlord Fanrik.
Im dont know who has the right for the mob,anyone can help me?
Old 12-29-2021, 10:20 AM
Kobold

Generally wandering mobs are FTE. Even if he was being polite it sounds like you having to wait for your buddy to get there forfeits your ability to claim him, regardless
Old 12-29-2021, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah man sorry he's got just as much right to it as you do since it's an outdoor wandering FTE mob.

Personally, I think it's kind of a dick move especially if you were the one working to spawn him. That's EQ for ya though.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 12-29-2021, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Also...the item Fanrik drops is trash so idk why some Seal Team guy would even bother with it especially when someone is camping the cycle...

Harbinger I could understand, even Crusader but Fanrik?? Idk man.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 12-29-2021, 10:27 AM
Aviak

sorry,the mob is Harbinger Dronik.
Old 12-29-2021, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Ah, that's disappointing. Sorry to hear that.
Old 12-29-2021, 10:52 AM
Banned

Yeah sadly there's nothing you can do. Outdoor roaming mobs are FTE.

That's why when people are camping quillmane they have to put people on every spawn point.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:47 PM
Fire Giant

Folks are right, since hte mob was already spawned and you had to wait an undesignated amount of time before downing it, while a total dick move (I'd like to know the guy who pulled the stunt, so I can refuse him ports/rez's int he future [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ) it was claimable by this guy per the server rules.

But there is a caveat to what people are saying. Just because it's an outdoor zone and a wandering mob does not mean you can't claim it. The catch is that when it spawns you have to engage it quickly. No sitting on it forever. So the thing to do would have your friend camp it with you.

Per the Play nice Policy:

Quote:
Open Outdoor Zones can be anything from Western Wastes, Karanas or West Commons. There are no staff recognized camps for this zone type outside of single spawn points. Examples of single spawn types might be Ocean of Tears Ancient Cyclops, Iceclad Ocean Stormfeather, or Qeynos Hills Hadden. Though, any single spawn point can be claimed, that is the only spawn you can hunt (if being contested). If you are to claim this point you must get aggro/First to Encounter (FTE) within a reasonable amount of time.
Next time, if your friend can't/won't camp it with you.. I would recommend like snaring the mob and kiting it around til your friend shows up. This way you have aggro'd and engaged it and no one else can rightfully claim.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Folks are right, since hte mob was already spawned and you had to wait an undesignated amount of time before downing it, while a total dick move (I'd like to know the guy who pulled the stunt, so I can refuse him ports/rez's int he future [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ) it was claimable by this guy per the server rules.

But there is a caveat to what people are saying. Just because it's an outdoor zone and a wandering mob does not mean you can't claim it. The catch is that when it spawns you have to engage it quickly. No sitting on it forever. So the thing to do would have your friend camp it with you.

Next time, if your friend can't/won't camp it with you.. I would recommend like snaring the mob and kiting it around til your friend shows up. This way you have aggro'd and engaged it and no one else can rightfully claim.
Yes OP pls name and shame
Old 01-24-2022, 09:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can't kite indefinitely either, if your kiting it for more than 5 minutes someone is allowed to engage
Closed Thread