Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Noone actually wants slow exp, we polled 2-300 eqemu pvp players and overwhelmingly (90%) they wanted fast exp, the numbers don’t lie. Also there’s a custom mechanic for “corpse campers” and even one for bind campers, then another mechanic for bind rushers. What else do you require before you “play” one of these servers?
Remember Sirken nerfing xp during Kunark saying it would raise the pop eventually? LOL

Its the first time i gave serious consideration that this had to be on purpose, that for some obscure reason, they wanted red to fail and stay low pop.

Whats the mechanic? Im curious.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Yea and thank god for "fast" exp (still a 50 hour grind but it's tolerable).

If you start a new character on r99, you spend 500+ hours leveling by yourself in zones with nobody in them.

What's the draw supposed to be? I'm sure the guys at the top still playing have farmed the handful of velious raid targets a hundred times over already.

These servers need an expiration date where they reset back to vanilla. Not a new server with a different color name.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea and thank god for "fast" exp (still a 50 hour grind but it's tolerable).

If you start a new character on r99, you spend 500+ hours leveling by yourself in zones with nobody in them.

What's the draw supposed to be? I'm sure the guys at the top still playing have farmed the handful of velious raid targets a hundred times over already.

These servers need an expiration date where they reset back to vanilla. Not a new server with a different color name.
Im a fan of 2-server "seasons" where the new one is dumped on the main one once cycle is over. Path of exile uses that, Wow ascension etc...
Old 01-30-2022, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im a fan of 2-server "seasons" where the new one is dumped on the main one once cycle is over. Path of exile uses that, Wow ascension etc...
Yeah the logic would be fine for red, even though theres a literal army of stables with endgame velious gear, people would still chomp at the bits for a new server, my problem is the 1-boxxing along with the slow xp making playing a melee a stay at home son career path.
Old 01-30-2022, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the logic would be fine for red, even though theres a literal army of stables with endgame velious gear, people would still chomp at the bits for a new server, my problem is the 1-boxxing along with the slow xp making playing a melee a stay at home son career path.
I took a monk to 40 with a fungi solo recently, was kind of fun but yea without the fungi it probably would have been quite a struggle. A new red server would certainly be better off with boosted xp, although im not sure if it would ever happen? I never understood why they nerfed xp during kunark on 1.0, it was obvious it was gonna kill the pop and it did. I couldnt look at it from any angle that didnt make it seem like they didnt want red to compete with blue.

If we ever get 2.0, the decision to climb the level ladder for me will depend greatly on the pop numbers i see on week 2 and week 3, im not going to persist if i see a 150 player server on week 3. The first weeks player retention and the initial setup will be crucial to the future state of the server.
Old 01-30-2022, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

That’s why I think level caps to keep players clustered at levels below maximum for longer and exploring more content. If you’re stuck at level ten you’re gunna go do all the level ten quests instead of skip them. Pvp can happen for quest components and loot all thru the level range.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-30-2022, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think I'd ever play another 1box PVP server again, unless I just decide to bite the bullet and main a druid or wizard. It's absolutely retarded playing everquest without your own ports, and no matter how high the pop is even peak redlaunch is about half of what you'd see on a healthy live server during classic, its just a crippling punishment to anyone wanting to have fun on a melee without going full neckbeard(or dirty whistle boxxing).

That's why I will always lobby for 2-box. The unfortunate reality is none of the 2-box servers have attempted to replicate red99's classic adherance(even though thats also super debatable).

Anyway the latest "VZTZ" box is really more of a hybrid ROZ box with OP Casters(poison is lure, mage pets quad for more dmg in a round then raid melee).

Outside of the absolutely terrible decisions to put luclin spells as PVP rewards and zero for melee, and huge favoritism to mage/shaman classes, I'll have to just continue plowing forward hoping my warrior/cleric become useful in PVP with scaled up gear and discs.
Old 01-30-2022, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys love to knock rogean and the red server. But whenever someone calls out the next 30 man shit server, there's no competition.
2 wrongs dont make a right.
Old 01-31-2022, 12:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think I'd ever play another 1box PVP server again, unless I just decide to bite the bullet and main a druid or wizard. It's absolutely retarded playing everquest without your own ports, and no matter how high the pop is even peak redlaunch is about half of what you'd see on a healthy live server during classic, its just a crippling punishment to anyone wanting to have fun on a melee without going full neckbeard(or dirty whistle boxxing).
You could level the dirty whistle boxing playing field by having port NPCs at towns. Will never happen here though. Melee binds are also a PITA and the main reason why i never leveled one over 45. Porting is probably tolerable on a 300-600 player server (red had 600 at launch) but still really annoying.

Thats what i find bad about the 99 box policy. You know people are boxing for ports and buffs, trade between chars, but you cant. Im not tech savvy enough to fuck around with VPNs or bother with pretending my roomate plays EQ. You should either allow it for everyone or for nobody.
Old 01-31-2022, 01:30 AM
Kobold

Knuckle and the rest of Heresey used to always accuse myself and Marked of boxing when we would just take turns logging into to shaman buff or port eachother. We didn't level up the characters we used to buff or port eachother either we just had like a couple of friends.

Maybe that's what you two are missing?