Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it's not really a leap, it's the logical conclusion depicted in an obvious over the top way that clearly illustrates a point. It's called a reductio ad absurdum!
It sounds a lot more like a slippery slope though, you're saying that if we teach how the gargantuan amount of racism in the country's past still affects us today, then you need to shame 4 year olds into being oppressors. I don't think that's the intention of the idea. I think that's just your fear.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't really cost money, but from a business perspective it's far more about covering their own ass than trying to change racist tony.
Oh definitely, but it's not really smart business anymore, it's kind of old guard PR-first generic business. It's becoming a liability when people find out that your business employs this kind of bullshit.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Government shouldn’t enforce speech codes on private businesses. That is horrible precedent

As for both sides weaponizing the schools, I assure you, the Chinese are teaching math and science. We should be doing the same.
Chinese also teach that Tianimen Square is western propaganda and didnt happen.

They also do the first comment you made. Restrict speech of all. So good example. Pause not.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds a lot more like a slippery slope though, you're saying that if we teach how the gargantuan amount of racism in the country's past still affects us today, then you need to shame 4 year olds into being oppressors. I don't think that's the intention of the idea. I think that's just your fear.
No of course I don't think that's the intention of the idea either, but it is the natural outcome in practice. I mean kids will feel terrible about themselves for years because somebody called them a dork on playground in 2nd grade. Maybe we shouldn't make them confront racial blood guilt, based on an arbitrarily selected window of history that casts them as uniquely evil when they aren't? Maybe we shouldn't burden them with these kinds of distressing questions when they don't even know how to spell burden yet or what that word even means?
Last edited by Ooloo; 01-23-2022 at 09:40 PM..
Old 01-23-2022, 09:44 PM
Fire Giant

Americans are so fucking obsessed with race it`s hillarious .

That mania to claim lineage and say i got XXXXX part of native blood blabla or i got a pint of irish or from other fucking planet DNA bullshit.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:48 PM
Banned

Red face

Part Defective alien hybrid experimental defense drone reject here.

And I get really upset when ya'll compare every lizard person to the queen of England and also blame every thing on them.

Sometimes it's just s'wit. Or boring lazy people who are to blame.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Americans are so fucking obsessed with race it`s hillarious .

That mania to claim lineage and say i got XXXXX part of native blood blabla or i got a pint of irish or from other fucking planet DNA bullshit.
I agree. Half of us are super obsessed with race, and the other half are forced to argue with those people about why it's stupid to be obsessed with race. Also there's only one L in hilarious mate.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is even more retarded on a practical level, when you're actually dealing with adults.

Racist tony down in accounting isn't gonna stop making chinese jokes in his personal life because he drags his feet through a mandatory diversity and inclusion meeting. All of that shit costs money and it's a complete waste of time, on top of being kinda creepy and orwellian. These people are trying to engineer utopia, and everyone in history who has tried to do that has ended up killing millions.
In the states i got alot of racist jokes from blacks because im blonde ,7 feet tall spaniard and i dont look like antonio banderas , but when i reply and i told them they are not either Africans because their skin tone isnt the same as most africans they freak out.
i guess im a racist .
Old 01-23-2022, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I agree. Half of us are super obsessed with race, and the other half are forced to argue with those people about why it's stupid to be obsessed with race. Also there's only one L in hilarious mate.
i sucks at english grammar and u rightfully are entittle to mock me for it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2022, 10:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for both sides weaponizing the schools, I assure you, the Chinese are teaching math and science. We should be doing the same.
Ya
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7DAB6EB6-8C2C-4489-895E-76499069C9EC.jpg (22.9 KB, 0 views)
Closed Thread