Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Has this passed? The article says it just out of committee.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:44 PM
Banned

Not only do we not talk about politics in our job function, if a client asks us and says “I will only talk to a conservative (or liberal)” our response is that it is outside the scope of my job function to be discussing myself

Because it is. Some people might want to only talk to another fellow hard drug user or a parent with a tantruming kid might only want to hear parenting recommendations from another parent and that’s fine. They can go seek that out in a support group if they want that. And maybe they might get better help there, but then again maybe not. A doctor can still be taught how to treat tuberculosis without having been infected with it in the past

Discussion of politics or race has no place in the workplace, and only has a place in school as a fair and objective history lesson
Old 01-23-2022, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has this passed? The article says it just out of committee.
The fact that it needs to be proposed in the first place is what's so absurd. The fact that they need to draft new legislation to outlaw things that are already illegal is horrifying.
Old 01-23-2022, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

its about god damn time some REAL Americans man the fuck up.
Old 01-23-2022, 11:35 PM
Banned

You mean I can't castigate X race for all the troubles in the world?? How will I ever demonstrate how against racism I am??
Old 01-23-2022, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chinese also teach that Tianimen Square is western propaganda and didnt happen.

They also do the first comment you made. Restrict speech of all. So good example. Pause not.
I don’t like China dummy, I want them to lose because they are pieces of shit who don’t value human liberty or dignity

We will need free speech and skill in math and science to make sure that the free world remains free. Glad I could clarify that for you. I wasn’t asking for us to be like China, I refuse to let godless commies devoid of empathy win the battle for ideas

hope this helps
Old 01-23-2022, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that it needs to be proposed in the first place is what's so absurd. The fact that they need to draft new legislation to outlaw things that are already illegal is horrifying.
I think both sides are spazzing out about nothing.

Performative bill filings are the way of the beast these days. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2022, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think both sides are spazzing out about nothing.

Performative bill filings are the way of the beast these days. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it’s bad that republicans have completely given up the libertarian wing of the party. It was nice for some principled constitutionalists to rein in the evangelicals and rednecks, it made it a rational party that was quite obviously superior to the alternative offered by the democrats (in my humble opinion)
Old 01-23-2022, 11:54 PM
Banned

I dunno, I gotta see these training manuals these businesses are using

My field is like 90% liberal and unless cultural competency training (it’s run as a 4-6ish hour class for us for one of our workdays with a lunch break) got a whole lot spicier there was nothing to get all that pissed about

It was like “Hispanic families are traditionally Catholic and this might factor into their worldview” (like, no shit), and “Hispanic families traditionally tend to keep problems within the family and not seek outside formal support” (have a lot of Hispanic families where I live). We will now give a quiz, question 1 , should we be sensitive to other cultures true or false?…It took multiple cups of coffee just to stay awake through ours and had it gotten political thst woulda fired me up to where nodding off wasn’t a problem

I think it’s a bit of an overreaction to a few tech companies extreme “white people are bad” trainings. But I dunno, like I said, I’d like to see some juicy cultural competency manual from somewhere

The school thing, that’s way more random in my opinion. You can have some real wacky teachers teaching some real wacky shit out there. That’s more case by case basis random
Old 01-23-2022, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it’s bad that republicans have completely given up the libertarian wing of the party. It was nice for some principled constitutionalists to rein in the evangelicals and rednecks, it made it a rational party that was quite obviously superior to the alternative offered by the democrats (in my humble opinion)
I have enough faith left to believe it won't pass on the floor. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread