Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 05:45 PM
Skeleton

Default Name swap

So what are the chances the devs would change the names on my characters around? Originally started on a wizard but moved to a paladin and would much prefer the wizards name. Total shot in the dark and unlikely but figured I would ask. Paladins in the 30s with the wizard being level 20. I wouldnt even mind having to lose the Wizard character.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the only solution here would be to delete the character with the name you want and recreate it.

You don't have to delete both characters, but you would have to start over to reuse the name.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:47 PM
Skeleton

I figured that would be the case. No problem at all. Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

If one of the characters has "bad" name (eg. profane, clearly out of character, etc. ... see #15) you might be able to petition to have it changed, and if you deleted the other character you might even be able to rename them to that character's name.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

You could post the name you want to change to Urban Dictionary as some kind of hate speech and then try to popularize it on the forums, then start asking GMs for help until one of them forces you to change it.

Someone I know is trying to do that with a character they named Wignat.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:58 PM
Skeleton

How would I be able to petition it? Just here on the forums? The character name is "Shatten" I could see that one being considered profane to some people lol.
Old 01-24-2022, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

You /petition in game. It works like a tell to a GM.

Quote:
/petition I noticed a character named abc; this name is offensive because xyz
But honestly, their advice is shady AF, and I hope the GMs would see through it. Also, there's no guarantee you'd get to pick your name.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-24-2022, 09:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You /petition in game. It works like a tell to a GM.

But honestly, their advice is shady AF, and I hope the GMs would see through it. Also, there's no guarantee you'd get to pick your name.
I mean if he's going to delete the character otherwise there's not much to lose
Old 01-24-2022, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would I be able to petition it? Just here on the forums? The character name is "Shatten" I could see that one being considered profane to some people lol.
change your surname to shatten Onyomomma

/petition help my corpse is stuck! I was shatten on a mob, and the mob shat on me! that's my catchphrase!

I had a stuck corpse and the gm thought soilnips was a bitmuch while he was helping me and gave me a choice then and there.
Old 01-24-2022, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If one of the characters has "bad" name (eg. profane, clearly out of character, etc. ... see #15) you might be able to petition to have it changed, and if you deleted the other character you might even be able to rename them to that character's name.
You heard it here first, folks: always name your character something rude, crude, and socially unacceptable, then petition yourself when you think of the perfect name.

Edit: it's called "the Samsung"
Last edited by Videri; 01-24-2022 at 10:00 PM..
Closed Thread