Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Default Should be more mobs in the HS zone-in:

http://web.archive.org/web/200106011...p?MapID=121241

Quote:
Ok. Here is a bit of info on Charasis, also known as The Howling Stones, a presumed lvl 40 to 55 dungeon in Overthere.
First, to get into this dungeon u need a key (like Old Sebilis and Veeshan's Peaks). The key is given by a froglok called Dugroz in the swapms of no hope. He wants a vampire fang (Xalgozian fang common drop of Xalgoz in Kaesora, respawn 35 minutes with placeholders) and a Jade Chodikai Prod (shaman Spear dropped by the chancelor Di'Zok in the Sarnak outpost of Lake of Ill Omen, respawn time 2 hours, no placeholders). You will need one key for each person in your raid.
Our guild gathered 6 keys and prepared to raid the Howling Stones. Rumor was reporting the first room to contain 4 mobs all undeads around lvl 40 to 45 ( the lock had been set pickable by rogues by error and these infos were reported by a rogue dead inside). I entered the dungeon without my stuff and with itu on to check the room. On each side of the room there are two or three golems(hard to see) of different kinds that are not undeads. closer to the center of the room are 4 mobs. 3 of them were undeads skeleton looking things. the last one was looking like those ravenous famers mobs in Kaesora. none of them was in aggro range when i went in (and that s the good news), but alas after 25 seconds turning arund and trying to count the mobs, one of the undeads, then one of the golems roamed to the center of the room. The undeads have nasty HTs. The golems seemed to be regular tanks that hit in the 120(at least the Bile Golem). i would indeed range them in the 42 to 45 range of lvl, but this room looks really uneasy to break. The total numer of mobs is at least 12 but seems rather to be between 15 and 18. I would say that the entrance room requires at least two very good groups with 2 enchanters to break it. I wouldn t try with less than three full groups and would still feel much more insecure than for a PoF break..
As our dark skinned cleric wasn't Kos to the scorpions that guard the entrance, she also went in to check if she would be Kos inside. She was slaughtered immediately. So even if u have good groups to take the room, u have to pray when you enter it for not having a roamer in aggro range. If there are romaers in the middle of the room, even if everyone goes in at the same time be sure to be much less alive inside when the fight will start..
If it s here that many of the lvl 51 to 55 spells are dropped, like it's rumored, it really sucks..

Ektarot, lvl 51th mage, Les Korrigans on Mithaniel Marr.
Also in the last paragraph it's implied that you shouldn't be able to be non-KOS in the zone. That has to be fixed also.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 06-18-2011, 01:56 AM
Kobold

Maybe he was referring to the basement or some combination of rooms? Because the initial zone in area has the same population and level range it did on live.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

yeah I found another post from 2000 that said there were only 1 to 2 roamers up at most, so.. I guess this is likely inaccurate. But the bottom part about factions in HS is still important.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 06-18-2011, 02:45 AM
Kobold

He may have been wrong about that also /shrug.

There isn't much said about this save many warnings on damaging outpost faction and a blurb from EQ Atlas.
http://www.eqtitan.com/eqatlas/howlingstones.html

"The faction hits for evil races and characters in this zone can be very significant. The faction is entirely on Venril Sathir faction, the same faction that exists in the Overthere outpost. Fighting here will quickly result in you becoming KOS in that outpost, which can be problematic for an evil character who is bound there to be."
Old 06-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Sarnak

You are supposed to be KoS in HS no matter what your faction is. They simply give negative hits towards VS faction. That does not mean they are ON VS faction. Half the Kunark dungons have Negative VS faction hits. I cannot walk into Kaesora and shake Xalgoz's ( nor any other mob in that zones ) hand without him trying to rip it off, yet I am Amiable at the OT outpost. It should be the same exact way in HS.

The faction hits are solely for roleplaying purposes, to make it harder on the lives of evil races, which is how EQ Classic was meant to be.

As Far as the zone in. There was always only 2 roamers at the zone in, 2 mobs that walked around the outside of the ent platform, they always spawned as skellys or sperm.

There is supposed to be a 3rd roamer, one that walks between the 2 golems and the 4 spawn room at the enterance to the EAST WING. Its path should be standing in the middle of the 4 spawn room, and then move to standing in front of the 2 golem spawn right before the stairs. This roamer should be able to agro people on the OUTER edge of the zone-in platform, and bring the 2 golems with it.

If you were really unlucky this 3rd roamer ( if it was standing at the edge of the east wing stairs at the time you zone in ) would chain agro with one of the zone in roamers ( if it was near the east wing stairs ) creating a big 5 spawn battle upone entering HS.

This is prolly what you remember, and should be implimented if its not already.
Last edited by Brinkman; 06-18-2011 at 09:05 PM..
Old 06-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is supposed to be a 3rd roamer, one that walks between the 2 golems and the 4 spawn room at the enterance to the EAST WING. Its path should be standing in the middle of the 4 spawn room, and then move to standing in front of the 2 golem spawn right before the stairs. This roamer should be able to agro people on the OUTER edge of the zone-in platform, and bring the 2 golems with it.

If you were really unlucky this 3rd roamer ( if it was standing at the edge of the east wing stairs at the time you zone in ) would chain agro with one of the zone in roamers ( if it was near the east wing stairs ) creating a big 5 spawn battle upone entering HS.

This is prolly what you remember, and should be implimented if its not already.
It is implemented exactly how you described it. Sorry again for the inaccurate data. I'm convinced the things you say about faction in HS are correct though.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 06-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

I too found it a bit strange that you could be non-kos in a dungeon with so many undead and no quest givers, NPCs or bankers on this server but never went there on live so I have nothing to judge by besides it not feeling quite right.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This 3rd roamer is there I agro'd it once on accident.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 06-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also in the last paragraph it's implied that you shouldn't be able to be non-KOS in the zone. That has to be fixed also.
Fixed, pending update.
Closed Thread