Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amareck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Righto then.

Speed - please accept my apologies for last night (or whatever time frame it was based on your time zone). I was not deliberately being a dick, simply taking mobs from what I thought was my own camp.

Thanks to everyone else who took the time to discuss the question.
You weren't in the wrong dude, you don't need to apologize. If you were easily clearing an area of XP mobs with a group that was your camp, he was being the "dickish" one by exploiting camp rules in his favor. If you had trouble killing all the mobs in the area with your group, then he may have claim to them, but if not, then he was absolutely exploiting the camp rules in his favor.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in my opinion you may only claim 1 camp and if another group is comming, SHARE and dont bitch around like "oh my god hes killing one of 20 mobs every spawn.. lets train him!!" i mean srsly guys.. pull your head out of your asses and be polite..
Partially, this could be seen as correct, partially not. One group can easily kill all three royals spawns in solb. If you had a group there doing so, would you like it if an enchanter rolled in to one of the named spawns and was like "according to camp rules i can take one of these."? That's basically whats happening here, he had a group that was killing all the mobs, that don't have 3 separate named mobs with drops.

If it was him duoing and he couldn't keep up with all the spawns, or maybe barely keep up with all the spawns, I can see where you would say "sure take those over there." But If I am thinking of this how it sounds, he was easily clearing out the basement with his group.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Sarnak

I've lost far to many fights about exp camps to argue with people quoting vague rules.

Keep up the good fight president, were behind you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesteve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You had the entire basement, and your bitching about 3 mobs?

Not to flame, but get real. If your not sitting on the spawn, your not camping it.

Furthermore I'm unsure on KS'ing rules here - but on live if you engaged a mob that someone else was already hitting that is against the rules.

What a prick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

99% of groups that camp HHK basement finish the entire clear with about 5m between repops, so three mobs every spawn cycle does turn into a fairly significant xp difference.

As to OP, the rules would -most- likely side with the antagonist unfortunately. Even though the guy who came and sat in your room was a disrespectful douche-bag, the camp rules defined thread mentions (like others have in this thread) that on live each of those rooms would have been camped separately. This will also be true if the server population keeps growing.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Kobold

On live it was common to have 3-4 groups in HHK. LR WR RR etc.

I dont see what the problem here is... You cant claim all of the camps if someone wants to exp there as well.

IMO Speed was not an asshat. He played within the rules and wanted a piece of the action in HHK. He claimed a room that was not camped per the rules.

If you think HHK doesnt have enough spawns for you then you can feel free to leave the zone and go somewhere else.

Speed did not break any rules, but it appears to me the OP did by KSing.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Large Bat

Just FYI for those who remember Lookout Room for what it use to be in live, yes LR was 3 mobs but here it's only 2.

Also I stopped after 1 mob b/c it would of been an on going battle just so I can get 2 mobs out of a total 14 and kept losing to a whole groups DPS vs Me.

Apology excepted - but people need to realize this server is growing, noticeable so that people are LFG a lot more then they use to b/c the spots are already filled. Meaning the post here..

http://project1999.org/forums/showth...8686#post48686

..has to start coming into effect - or else our population is going to stay around the same level it is b/c people will stop playing, IMO, for lack of places to level b/c everything is camped.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just FYI for those who remember Lookout Room for what it use to be in live, yes LR was 3 mobs but here it's only 2.

Also I stopped after 1 mob b/c it would of been an on going battle just so I can get 2 mobs out of a total 14 and kept losing to a whole groups DPS vs Me.

Apology excepted - but people need to realize this server is growing, noticeable so that people are LFG a lot more then they use to b/c the spots are already filled. Meaning the post here..

http://project1999.org/forums/showth...8686#post48686

..has to start coming into effect - or else our population is going to stay around the same level it is b/c people will stop playing, IMO, for lack of places to level b/c everything is camped.
This isn't live. It is complete and utter bullshit that there are no other places for you to xp other than going to a camp someone else had held down for some time.

We had a group get together in solb on Saturday and after we get there with 5 members of the group realize that window, royals, and bnb are camped.

Did we decide to go sit in the room below window and cut off both royals/window from entrance mobs?
Did we decide to go tell Royals they would have to share one room because thats what the "rules" state?
Did we go sit near the first bat room and pull entrance kobolds and bats and bugs that spawn that we can snag first seriously reducing the xp of all three groups?

No, we didn't, because those are lame-ass moves. What did we do? Go where people don't go to XP and headed over to live-side guk. Was it great xp? No. Were that phat lewts? No. But it was the non-lame-ass move.

People need to stop comparing this to live because it simply isn't. "Well on live there were 4 camps in the basement area."

Yea, well on live there were 50 camps in lowerguk because every, single, spawn was camped. Whether it be a wizard waiting for his one hallway spawn every 28 minutes, or a group sitting on top of the ass/sup killing those 3-4 mobs.

Does that mean on this server a group goes and sits near ass/sup and takes the ritualist or gargoyles because they are "separate camps." No, absolutely not, why? because thats a LAME-ASS MOVE.

By nilbogs post in the bug forum there are 14 mobs that spawn in the basement - a complete joke for a group to clear well before respawns.

You guys go ahead and justify it any way you want to make yourselves feel in the right but it's plain and simply exploiting the camping rules to gain benefit for yourself.
Last edited by President; 04-19-2010 at 02:46 AM..
Old 04-19-2010, 03:25 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't live. It is complete and utter bullshit that there are no other places for you to xp other than going to a camp someone else had held down for some time.

We had a group get together in solb on Saturday and after we get there with 5 members of the group realize that window, royals, and bnb are camped.

Did we decide to go sit in the room below window and cut off both royals/window from entrance mobs?
Did we decide to go tell Royals they would have to share one room because thats what the "rules" state?
Did we go sit near the first bat room and pull entrance kobolds and bats and bugs that spawn that we can snag first seriously reducing the xp of all three groups?

No, we didn't, because those are lame-ass moves. What did we do? Go where people don't go to XP and headed over to live-side guk. Was it great xp? No. Were that phat lewts? No. But it was the non-lame-ass move.

People need to stop comparing this to live because it simply isn't. "Well on live there were 4 camps in the basement area."

Yea, well on live there were 50 camps in lowerguk because every, single, spawn was camped. Whether it be a wizard waiting for his one hallway spawn every 28 minutes, or a group sitting on top of the ass/sup killing those 3-4 mobs.

Does that mean on this server a group goes and sits near ass/sup and takes the ritualist or gargoyles because they are "separate camps." No, absolutely not, why? because thats a LAME-ASS MOVE.

By nilbogs post in the bug forum there are 14 mobs that spawn in the basement - a complete joke for a group to clear well before respawns.

You guys go ahead and justify it any way you want to make yourselves feel in the right but it's plain and simply exploiting the camping rules to gain benefit for yourself.

Rules are rules.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by musufasa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rules are rules.
for classics sake and great justice!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

mitic du SAU