Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

Personally I could give 2 flips about HHK.

Rules have always been in place for the benefit of the community. One grouping HHK when other people show up...now that's lame.

OP had a valid question. Sure, basement can be one-grouped. But there is room for more than one group, and why c-block other people because you don't wanna give up a little bit of xp? I thought we were all here to enjoy the journey.
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:47 AM
Planar Protector

I'd say that given the situation i would have left it as it is. Yes moving in on someone else's camp is a lame-ass move. Why not just say to the group that you're lfg, when they get a spot free to send you an invite. Then go exp somewhere else.

But then there's also a fine line between that, and having a rape group able to clear exe / sage / cav/ sav / asssup in guk. Sure they can clear it, but that's like 6 named mobs there. (7 inc ritualist). I think if you have clearly too many camps (obviously being greedy) then yes someone should cite the rules and claim they split / share the camp.

If it's a camp that 1 group should realistically have, then they should be left with it. Wonder whether or not you'd be better off going some place else.

I enchant things...
Old 04-19-2010, 06:19 AM
Large Bat

Default not first time

This guy named Speed.

Not the first time he has caused trouble has done it a lot in Unrest. Then he will shout and spew his garbage in shout to the point where everyone will just ignore him.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rules have always been in place for the benefit of the community. One grouping HHK when other people show up...now that's lame.
Sure when other people show up, but just 1 guy shows up and wants to claim some room? not to mention that you're the guys who split it and have it on a manageable spawn or w/e.

Yes by letter of the law on camps he's entitled to it, but we've all been in that situation, and we all know what we think of the guy that just shows up. If i showed up and saw a group clearing the whole place, i'd think "Hey, they've got this place, guess i'll have to go elsewhere or ask to join them when they have room"

I'd like to think that if another group did show up, the group already there would sensibly share the camp.

I enchant things...
Old 04-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Fire Giant

This whole situation is a bit touchy. I mean sure it makes sense in HHK, and the guy is probably being a bit selfish, showing up and claiming mobs that are quite obviously part of the current pull rotation taking place down in the basement.

However the rules HAVE to be this way or you run into the problem of higher levels and/or better geared folks dominating entire zones. Sol B was mentioned, what happens when you have a good royals group going, they are the only group in the zone. Any decent 45+ group should have no problem clearing royals, entrance trash, window, and pretty much anything that spawns in the "front" half of sol B. Another group shows up and takes window.. This is typically considered fine because window is "traditionally" its own camp. It's the same situation described above, just involving more people. What happens when you have some 50 druid PLing their buddy in MM GY and pulling all of the pit and yard trash to boot? They can clear it, they have no problem "holding" the front half of the zone even though it's traditionally 3-5 camps they are pulling. Should any newcomers to the zone just move elsewhere if they can't take one of the remaining camps in the castle?

That said, in a camp as small as what you are talking about, anyone who would force 6 people to give up some of their exp because they are simply too lazy to walk somewhere else to exp is pretty inconsiderate and while I would allow them to do it, I would personally never group with them. This server would have to be ridiculously overpopulated for it to be impossible to find exp elsewhere at any level. *shrug*

This is why I was never a fan of the PNP on live, for every incident of it preventing the little guy from getting fucked over by evil empire, it spawned 50 incidents where it was being abused to inconvenience others under the pretense of "fair play". I always loved people telling me I had to give them every other named spawn of a mob I had been camping for 5 hours because they needed the item too. I would rather be trained and KS'ed than subjected to that sort of lameness. Maybe that's just me.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Large Bat

As far as I can see if they are camping close to that room and clearing it they own it. End of story. Maybe if they were not clearing the RR room or something then it would be ok for someone to contact the group and ask if its ok to take said room if they not killing it.

Seems like a no brainer to me.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony210 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think HHK doesnt have enough spawns for you then you can feel free to leave the zone and go somewhere else.
Come across this ALL DAY. Group will move right next to yours doing bullshit things like taking your mobs just waiting for the first group to get fed up and leave so they can move in.

If I've been exping for several hours my group usually has its area clear and respawn scheduled, it works nicely. When a second group move right next to you and chokes off your mobs, why even continue?

Most of the time I get equal or better exp soloing light blues as a fucking ranger than grouping because of bullshit like this, A full group in a 3-4 mob room is retarded and not doing anything but trying to weasel their way in to YOUR camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/miticeq/1.jpg
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/miticeq/2.jpg

everyone on P99 has to obey above camp spots

in the event of repeated violation the concerned player will be banned and all his loot (*1) will be given to me

gms please sticky my maps so noone has an excuse if mobs are pulled from other rooms

on behalf of "the vision ()" and "classic eq"

love,
mitic

ps: (*1) because i care
Old 04-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

'A full group in a 3-4 mob room is retarded '

That's actually how it was much of the time on Live. Remember Guk with 75 or more people? Or recollect High keep with 4 groups? Lack of content sufficient for large server populations ranks among just one of EQ's myriad faults. That was much of the reason many people leveled as slowly in EQ as they did (and, thus, why we often level more quickly on P99); groups were more often limited by monsters available than by their potential kill rate.

Every single thread on this subject, every single comment like the one above, just reminds us all why developers gave in and took the hamfisted approach of instancing everything. Given human nature, the cycle of course follows that after some years, folks wax nostalgic for outdoor content. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Simply put, any game type has its advantages and drawbacks.

Danth
Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Yeah and it was retarded back then to except i had 12 hours a day to start at my screen to lfg for 4 mobs.

To quote the famous broken record, THIS ISN'T LIVE!!!

There aren't nearly as many people playing on this server as there were back in in 99, if you want me to quote bullshit statistics save yourself, 10 years ago 3-4 mobs every few minutes was probably great but today in P99 its worthless.

Those are the rules yes and I'll adhere to them everyday but that doesn't mean I have to sit here and say they're golden and everyone benefits from them.

Honestly I just can't wait until my next group because im going to sit just as fucking close to the next group and take as many "ffa" mobs as possible, so please shoot me a tell that I'm ksing from your camp and ill kindly link the url to this fucking post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Closed Thread