Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Fire Giant

Goblin ring is handy but completely unnecessary
J boots very nice,not needed. Can camp them yourself around 50 and still get decent xp
Old 04-19-2024, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Goblin ring is handy but completely unnecessary
J boots very nice,not needed. Can camp them yourself around 50 and still get decent xp
this

on a 15k budget you get neither of these

i know opinions are like assholes and er'body has one but man just some bad advice gettin thrown around
Old 04-19-2024, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Monk, Pal, SK, Ranger, Bard - all decent solo/group options when twinking. Just get decent weapon(s), haste item, and HP items and you'll breeze through the first many levels no fungi needed.

Warrior, Rogue - good group options when twinking, pretty sucky at soloing if that's important to you.

Necro, Wizard, Magician, Enchanter, Shaman, Cleric - gear makes little difference. So you could play one of these and roll the 15k into them. If you want an excuse to spend 15k for this next character, it would be mostly wasteful to blow that money on any of these classes. Grab a few +HP items and you are golden with any of these classes.

Consider getting ALL/ALL gear in case you don't like your alt and want to switch, you can just hand the gear to the next class you try.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jboots and ggr or bedlam at 58

i know what im taking
I know first you said he should spend the plat on decent gear, now it's save for spells. Both are wrong answers. Playing an enchanter solo you can easily earn 10k before you reach level 58. More easily if you twink sensibly.

GGR is the best solo leveling tool for a chanter, you're an idiot if you have 15k to blow and don't buy it. Getting that charm break at the last possible moment to use your cheapest nuke(s) makes a big difference in mana efficiency over the course of your character's entire life up to level 60. Not to mention the times you're a split-second too late with the invis landing and you get zero exp, the mana saved from those invis casts and the free spell slot. Jboots is optional, obviously, it's just clearly the best option. No enchanter gear you can buy by saving an extra 4-5k is going to make a measurable difference. Just buy the two good items, what's left over from 15k is enough to fill out your gear slots with the obvious things.
Old 04-20-2024, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardylooGubbins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice thanks! I've considered enchanter before, but could never pull the trigger, due to the notorious skill requirement to play well, but maybe it's time to give it a try.
If you like and even prefer charming I recommend the enchanter. If not, probably try another option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but if I'm grouping it's because I don't care about EXP efficiency for that play session. I'm just looking to crack a couple beers and shoot the shit with a bunch of people while we crawl through the Hole to the docks for example and kill a bunch of stuff.
I also enjoyed this on my enchanter, and other than having more efficient alternatives than full groups it's a top tier class for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always find stripping gear for plat from an old character is a bad idea. at some point you realize you could use that character for something, to help you with an alt somewhere along the road.

If you have only 15k worth of gear on a 53 druid. You could actually just use that druid to camp gear for your alt, while still probably making money, and exp on your druid. 2 birds stoned at once. The amount of times i've stripped a character, for an alt, and regretted it- Is every single time.
This is also my perspective. Especially so if you go with a caster, where the extra gear has less of an impact.
Old 04-22-2024, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this

on a 15k budget you get neither of these

i know opinions are like assholes and er'body has one but man just some bad advice gettin thrown around
Well you could get both for less than 15k, but yeah leaves pretty limited amount of plat for any additional gear. I would skip the JBoots (if you're outdoors half the time there's some Druid or Shaman soloing somewhere who can SoW you for free if you want it) and go GGR...the latter isn't critical either, but freeing up a spell slot and having instant charm break is pretty nice.
Old 04-22-2024, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

if he doesn't plan on soloing all the way up, GGR is basically useless

if hes exclusively solo, then sure, its worth
Old 04-22-2024, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Ture. I would assume he'd end up soloing a bunch (if nothing else than just do to the current state of the server). Especially if charm killing in a dungeon setting I'd always love having that extra spell slot freed up
Old 04-22-2024, 03:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Bro's level 53, he can camp an AC on the druid for the twink. No reason to pay someone for a MQ. GGR camp isn't worth the time IMO, though, but GGR isn't necessary early on anyway.
Old 04-22-2024, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beboprocksteady [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bro's level 53, he can camp an AC on the druid for the twink. No reason to pay someone for a MQ. GGR camp isn't worth the time IMO, though, but GGR isn't necessary early on anyway.
Accurate. Just buy the GGR and camp the AC for the ring