Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

I never played DAoC, I literally know nothing about it. Is there anything monk like?
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

Thx for the PM heads up, Scrooge! Haven't been around much of late...Been wrapped up in Fallout 4 on Xbox lately.

I'm down for getting into this with you guys. I'm an Alb at heart but had tons of fun in Hib, too. If everyone is going Hib I'd be inclined to go with a Bard main with Ranger alt or vice versa.

Have they said how long beta will last? Thinking I might wait for actual relaunch, depending.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:53 AM
Kobold

Beta will last only as long as it needs to. So the faster things get tested and bugs get hammered out, the quicker the server will launch.

@arsenalpow - No, there's not really anything that I can relate to a monk on DAoC. A savage on Midgard would be the closest thing. They use h2h type weapons and are quick.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never played DAoC, I literally know nothing about it. Is there anything monk like?
Friars in Albion are literally monks, but play nothing like EQ monks.
Last edited by ddd; 04-21-2016 at 12:07 PM..
Old 04-21-2016, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Savage on Midgard is kinda like a monk. They punch things. They hit REALLY fast and fairly hard.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
chest come play the savage class on midgard, im playing the shaman, my buddy a thane ( kinda like SK tank )

we need a dps and the savage would fit perfect, you cant FD but i'll keep ya buffed and alive. I swear i'll never run away when were out numbered [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Banned

Is there a P99-like Wiki that has the items that will be in game?

Would like to see what items are available
Old 04-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

if you check allakhazam it'll list classic drops as old <dropname> nld. there were a few spoiler sites that might be on waybackmachine but there's nothing like the p99wiki around.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:52 AM
Orc

Does anyone from Palomides play here?

I played a paladin on that server; also played a paladin and caba on uth 1.0

Will be keen to play on Uth 2.0. I was planning to go Hib originally so would love to play with a pre-made crew.

Classes I'll be looking to roll:
  • Eldritch
    Enchanter
    Hero
    Warden
    Champion
Old 04-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you check allakhazam it'll list classic drops as old <dropname> nld. there were a few spoiler sites that might be on waybackmachine but there's nothing like the p99wiki around.
That IS one of the weirdest things surrounding this server, how there is no actual WIKI around, despite it being around longer than P99. I'd normally use camelot.allakhazam.com, it has plenty of info relevant to Uthgard still.

There's a site Germans use, and it's easy enough to translate using Google to make entire pages in English; http://wiki.templer-gilde.de/de/ - it has some good info on it, but nowhere near complete.

Quote:
Savages in Midgard are all about their DPS with H2H but can also use 2H weapons if you spec them for it. Friars in Albion are a type of Monk which are melee/cleric hybrids, they have a unique Staff weapon spec line. Hibernia doesn't really have anything close to a Monk, it's more of a caster focused realm. What other classes do you like out of EQ/P99?

Simply put, Midgard is a prominent melee class realm, Hibernia is all about casters, and Albion is in-between. That's how the game was when it just came out anyway, until the Devs started bending to every whine to "balance the game out."

I'll make a roster later in the day, so we can see what kind of group we can get going. Check out my Hibernia Class Info post on page 8 of this thread, if you've never played DAoC or Hibernia. Then there's also this here: http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Class - it's actually a VERY decent site - http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/...f_Camelot_Wiki - I suggest everyone check it out atleast once.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 04-22-2016 at 02:38 PM..
Closed Thread