Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not whining I'm trying to explain to you that it is broken, much like the skill caps on monk skills, the bind wound limit, the lack of agro mechanic upon standing up from FD. No, I don't know how to code those to fix them.

Bows are just as borked. They aren't supposed to critical. Go ahead and fix it.

Threatening my class with a "nerf" that is more in-line of being actually classic is fine by me, because that's the point of this server. If me pointing out the fact that the change made will easily make the class even more overpowered makes you believe I'm whining, then I'll go ahead and put my foot down... I'll try to gather some info to bug report on FD, mend, the skill caps, bows, and even a certain shaman spell, if that will help move things along quicker.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a certain shaman spell
wat
Old 10-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Large Rat

Thanks guys! You guys are awesome!
Old 10-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

As a tank, I love the new stun fear, but it looks like its time to roll a monk with the mend thing.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a tank, I love the new stun fear, but it looks like its time to roll a monk with the mend thing.
Tried fear kiting yet?
Old 10-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm with Aadill on this one : )

I had a 56 monk quit at Pop release., I do not remember zoning and mending than zone mend zone mend kill zone mend zone mend kill zone mend zone mend kill .

But I'll def be playing my monk for the next few weeks : )

I'm sure it took a lot of work and all the devs are smarter than I am at coding/programming. Great work! The monk thing is just a tad Overpowered. for soloing. But not a huge deal.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried fear kiting yet?
Have not but I just tested my highest level snare and it's working GREAT. Very very nice job.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 10-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I haven't had a chance to test it myself (at work) but thanks in advance for the snare/fear fix, it was definitely in need of some attention! Soloing as an SK stinks bad enough with 68% penalty, needing SoW and luck too made it terribad! :-)
Old 10-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

Mend was never on a 6 minute timer. Ever. If it is on a 6 minute timer now, that is a big nerf. Closer to 4 minutes is accurate, and classic. I don't remember about it refreshing during zone, but it isn't OP, trying to solo and use that 'exploit' would be idiocy. Feign death is definitely different then classic, but we have known that for a long time. It sure does make it easier. And Haynar is right, but it was less bitching then awareness, we would have sit-ins, because our nerfs really hurt us and our ability to be a unique class. Back when Kunark came out and every class whined they couldn't solo, and Verant started making every class a clone so everyone could solo...that was the beginning of the end. If you want to know, ask, played a monk from the beginning till now.
Last edited by h0tr0d (shaere); 10-30-2010 at 09:35 PM..
Old 10-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Fire Giant

Default RE: Faction Wars

Are "Faction Wars" considered to just be...mobs fighting each other? If so, I hope these stay in. One of the coolest things in classic EQ imo.

Or are they considered to be the charm bug(s) that could cause mobs on the same (or mutually friendly) faction to start fighting each other after charm was broken?