Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 10:08 PM
Kobold

Default DAOC: Uthgard BETA IS COMING!

Hear ye, hear ye! After a LONG and grueling wait, the Dark Age of Camelot Uthgard emulated server's open beta is finally approaching, starting on Saturday May 07, 2016, at 09:00:00 GMT.

Previously, Scrooge had made threads trying to organize people who were interested in playing with us on the server. As some of you know, DAoC had some of the best realm-based PvP in MMO history. Uthgard is a classic server, much like Project 1999, reliving the glory days of a game that was so dear to our hearts. Now is FINALLY the chance to play classic DAoC on the Uthgard server and experience it from a fresh start. This will probably NEVER happen again because no other server will come close to being as polished as Uthgard with such a high population.

If you're new to DAoC or an old veteran, I encourage you to give this a chance. This is your opportunity to experience something amazing that will most likely never happen again, a much anticipated re-launch of an amazing classic DAoC server from a fresh start.

If I can get a hold of Scrooge, we will see about doing some organizing for this. We will want to start a guild, no doubt, and play on Hibernia. Here is a link to the old thread where Scrooge had organized a ton of interest and the classes that people were interested in playing.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=141021

For those of you who are interested in playing this time around (FOR REALS THIS TIME OMG!) please post here. I'll do what I can to do some organization, but I'm very busy and I'll be leaving the country on a vacation right as the beta is starting, and I'll be gone for 6 weeks through the beta. But I should be back in plenty of time before the server officially launches, I think.

Visit Uthgard's website and scroll to the bottom and click "Continue" to visit the front page of the website and access the forums from there if you want to do some reading and checking on news.

http://uthgard.org/
Old 04-03-2016, 11:50 PM
Aviak

Drop me the deets. I am super interested it. I never got to play this beyond a few days.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:59 PM
Banned

thanks for this! will be there!
Old 04-04-2016, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Hmmm well tempting. But where is the server going to be located for this?
Old 04-04-2016, 07:40 AM
Kobold

It's located in Germany. Due to this, there will inevitably be higher latency for us in the U.S., but it was still playable and fine most of the time for me before it went down for reconstruction. Here's a quote from Trishin, one of the devs:

"We hope that uthgard 2.0 will bring a lot of US players. Hopefully all US based players will help spread the word, and while Uthgard is hosted in Germany (which we understand can cause some concerns for US players), we want to make it a good experience for everyone. During the beta it would be very helpful to have US players report on issues such as the server connection and lag issues, so we can try and work out any issues there might be before we launch."
Old 04-04-2016, 08:30 AM
Sarnak

Man this is going to be awesome.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Will play this for sure
Old 04-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by backman_66 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's located in Germany. Due to this, there will inevitably be higher latency for us in the U.S., but it was still playable and fine most of the time for me before it went down for reconstruction. Here's a quote from Trishin, one of the devs:

"We hope that uthgard 2.0 will bring a lot of US players. Hopefully all US based players will help spread the word, and while Uthgard is hosted in Germany (which we understand can cause some concerns for US players), we want to make it a good experience for everyone. During the beta it would be very helpful to have US players report on issues such as the server connection and lag issues, so we can try and work out any issues there might be before we launch."
fwiw I play P99 with a 100ish ping, it's not the end of the world being on a different continent.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

Will boxing be banned a la p99 ?

Put me down as a ranger if you're going Hibernia. Was Infiltrator on Percival originally.
Last edited by Skew; 04-04-2016 at 10:30 PM..
Old 04-05-2016, 02:31 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

if there's no boxing im in
Closed Thread