Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-26-2018, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

Default Lockup when resizing chat windows

Background
I use the standard Titanium UI and I usually have 3 chat windows set on all of my characters. One for actual chat, one for combat that I want to see, and one window that I filter all the unwanted combat information to. My filter window is usually minimized at login and placed in the bottom corner of my screen. (when I logout and back in, it is no longer minimized and repositioned on my screen so that it's not clipping past the screen edge, which is why i minimize and reposition at login)

Occurance of lockup
When I logged in yesterday, I had camped my rogue out in MM at the CE camp. There was a group there killing, so my combat filter box had active combat scroll. I had the idea of rather than minimizing and moving the filter window, to just resize the box to show no lines of text and only have the text input bar visible (thinking it wouldn't revert on login). While resizing the box (with active combat scroll) my screen locked up when the box size got to the point of showing about 1 line of text. I had joined the CE group and was actively in combat myself at this point, if it's relevant. The combat music loop was still playing even though the screen was locked. I waited for almost 2 full minutes before doing CAD and closing EQ.

Upon reentering the game, I rejoined the group which was mid-fight. I jump in and resize the combat filter window again, and again lock up when the box size reaches about a single line of text. After the second occurance, i just minimized the window as I had always done previously and had no further issues the remainder of my play session (3ish hours).

Now, I have no idea if this is an issue with the Titanium UI or simply a problem with my far from new laptop having issues processing the UI changes, but since it happened twice at exactly the same point, I thought I'd post about it.