Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 10:51 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I love people who are downers with all their negativity. You're just chasing the dragon man. You can never go back man. That feeling is gone, it's something you can never experience again.

Clearly these people have not taken enough ecstasy. You get a nice big plate of MDMA and you can go right back to launch day!
The quote was to shit on Ngreth, who was the husband of the chick who ran eqtraders, for saying that it was impossible to have classic back again. When you get into the dev side of things there's a very small but very competitive group of people. In the case of Ngreth, he was just some fucktard who got sucked into the eqlive dev crew because his wife had a large following on eqtraders.com, rather than because he had any dev skill.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 10-14-2019 at 10:57 AM..
Old 10-14-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The quote was to shit on Ngreth, who was the husband of the chick who ran eqtraders, for saying that it was impossible to have classic back again. When you get into the dev side of things there's a very small but very competitive group of people. In the case of Ngreth, he was just some fucktard who got sucked into the eqlive dev crew because his wife had a large following on eqtraders.com, rather than because he had any dev skill.
Huh. I used to be a huge fan of EQ Traders back in the day, but now those bastards won't take the robots.txt off their message board, which means no one can access the wealth of classic tradeskill info from that board that is in the Wayback machine.

In other words, I used to like them ... before they decided they couldn't be arsed to remove one file so that we could have more classic tradeskills [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Now that story just adds to my annoyance at them.

P.S. Welcome back.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:07 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Huh. I used to be a huge fan of EQ Traders back in the day, but now those bastards won't take the robots.txt off their message board, which means no one can access the wealth of classic tradeskill info from that board that is in the Wayback machine.

In other words, I used to like them ... before they decided they couldn't be arsed to remove one file so that we could have more classic tradeskills [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Now that story just adds to my annoyance at them.
One of the first things I did on P99 was revamp the tradeskills. At the time, there was a player named Astarothel who was exploiting the status of the peq db to manufacture non-classic items, as well as players who were abusing platinum ruby veil resale values. I spent a lot of time basically overhauling the tradeskill database from scratch so it's extremely unlikely that there's anything that was missed.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

<3 Uthgaard, come play with us. I miss the old times, and apologize for however annoying I was.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so it's extremely unlikely that there's anything that was missed.
You wouldn't believe the return I get on tattered leather vendor sales! I'm talkin' double digit silver.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 10-15-2019, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What's up?
Not much. High-end scene's just as much of a trainwreck as it was when you were active. Only winning move is not to play that part of the game. Some things never change.

Danth
Old 10-15-2019, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Uth showing up was always excitingly terrifying.

Welcome back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2019, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uth showing up was always excitingly terrifying.
Your telling me. I got banned by him on blue way back, for asking the wrong question. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Regardless Uthgaard, I know you invested a lot of time helping make what the servers are today. You should definitely check out green and enjoy it with the rest of us.
Last edited by Seungkyu; 10-15-2019 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: Added a comma
Old 10-15-2019, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
One of the first things I did on P99 was revamp the tradeskills. At the time, there was a player named Astarothel who was exploiting the status of the peq db to manufacture non-classic items, as well as players who were abusing platinum ruby veil resale values. I spent a lot of time basically overhauling the tradeskill database from scratch so it's extremely unlikely that there's anything that was missed.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The problem now isn't that the info is wrong, it's that it lacks information about when stuff was added. The old EQ Traders message board would have been handy for tracking down some of that info ... but really we can probably find all that with just Wayback and the main site.

The real reason I wish I could read the old message board was ... maybe as an old school tradeskiller you'll remember this, and it's something that bugs me about the tradeskill implementation here. On Live, I remember it being very well established wisdom that success/failure did not impact skill-ups. Like it was a common myth that they did, and the people who were seriously into tradeskills did experiments and stuff to prove it was a myth.

I know memories are crap, but I remember that "truth" very strongly from old school tradeskilling. The biggest reason I want access to the old message board is so I can find proof to make them work classically here (ie. make skill-ups independent of success/failure).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-15-2019 at 04:17 PM..
Old 10-15-2019, 04:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
What's up?
yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes. Can't wait to get banned again for pulling another camp's untouched mobs.

You still a blowhard?
Closed Thread